LISTEN ABOVE OR ON: iTunes • Stitcher • Soundcloud
Thank you for your support in this time, friends.
This podcast is only possible because listeners like you support it. If the show is keeping you company and making you think or inspiring creativity, please give what you can.
Contribute to my mission by supporting Against Everyone With Conner Habib on Patreon!
Thank you so, so much.
Want to buy the books mentioned on this ep? Go to my booklist for AEWCH 116 on bookshop.org. It will help support independent bookstores, and the show gets a small financial kickback, too.
How does evil - created by culture and our own deeds - affect us?
You've heard me discuss spiritual topics on the show before, but I don't think I've ever pulled you all into the deep end with me like this, nor steered the conversation towards the topic of, well, demons. And not the metaphorical kind. Demons as actual entities - as well as why we need to talk about spiritual beings as beings - and how they affect our health and our lives.
My guest, Are Thoresen is a a Christian occultist, author, veterinarian, and acupuncturist who lives in Norway. His writing details (sometimes in the same book) his decades-long career in healing as well as his own spiritual experiences, encounters, and events.
He's the author of many books, including Spiritual Translocation: The Behaviour of Pathological Entities in Illness and Healing and the Relationship Between Human Beings and Animals, and Demons and Healing: The Reality of the Demonic Threat and the Doppelgänger in the Light of Anthroposophy, both which we talk about at great length here.
Unlike other episodes, I let myself get lost a bit in this one, because Are and I have some overlapping spiritual experiences, and I don't want to halt the conversational pathwork to explain everything. To that end, I give some guidance with the terms we use (elementals, Lucifer/Ahriman, etc) at the top of the show.
We start off with evil and we end with the Nothingness of the Christ. In between, there are dinosaurs, translocating demons, sick pets, a planet made of bad deeds, and more. This is a wide-ranging episode that has its own life. If it knocks you over, that's okay. Hit those fifteen-seconds-back buttons and listen through again.
ON THIS EPISODE
- The lure of evil when we talk about it, and the protection of the heart healing
- Why Are considers the fact that he had coronavirus a blessing
- How negative feelings and thoughts echo up into the cosmos
- The 8th Sphere
- The Northern Way, Southern Way, and Middle Way of initiation
- The time I heard the devil in my backyard
- Why pets get sick when their owners are sick
- Why podcasting is just a little bit evil
- When Are time traveled and saw dinosaurs
- The problems with magical activism
• For more on Are, here's his website, as well as a great skeptical (and far less skeptical by the end) interview with him on the Adventures Through The Mind podcast. I'm also linking here to his Temple Lodge Publishing page and to two of his books via amazon, because some of his books are not available or are on backorder on bookshop.org.
• The essay about my ex-boyfriend beating me up is, "If you ever did write anything about me, I'd want it to be about love."
• If you'd like to know more about Daskalos and his conception of elementals, I talk about them on AEWCH 67 with Daniel Joseph.
• The story of Parzival (or Parsifal) is known as a depiction of occult initiation. Here's the most exoteric version of it: Wikipedia!
• The friend who said, "you're not evil, you're racist!" was Gordon White, of course.
• Here's an interview with Judith Von Halle in The Southern Cross Review (whose editor once called me an "anthro-degenerate" but it's a good interview, nevertheless!). The profound insights on the Pool Of Bethesda I mention appears in Illness and Healing: And the Mystery Language of the Gospels.
• The Fifth Gospel lecture cycle by Steiner is one of the most complicated and intense, and one that Steiner himself said others would have great difficulty understanding.
• Mentioned briefly: For more on occultist Peter Duenov, (pictured here) click for a comprehensive review.
• My essay about the lymphoma diagnosis, as well as my thoughts on treatment, and my mother's death from bone cancer, is entitled, "When You're Sick You'll Wait For The Answer But None Will Come".
• A great psychoanalysis book on the emanation of everything from nothing (in this case, sex) is What is Sex? by Alenka Zupančič.
• "Everything that violates free will is black magic." - Are
Thank you for listening, friends.
Note: No episode next week. But I imagine it will take everyone some time to digest this one!