Fortunately, there's some hot weather in Poland :) I hope it's also good summertime on your location :)
On Monday, I wrapped my notes from the presentation I gave last week and also got a link to YouTube!
Have a look and watch the whole presentation :)
As promised, I prepared an article that summarises attributes that we have in C++20. This is actually an update of the same chapter in my C++17 in Detail but enhanced with the C++20 content.
See in the attachment at the bottom.
Lambda Story Update
Next week I plan to release a new update for C++ Lambda Story! What's more, I'd like to create a little marketing campaign around that and starting on Monday each day I'll send an email about a lambda aspect:
- Monday: info about the update
- Tuesday: syntax changes from C++11 to C++20
- Wednesday: Capturing things
- Thursday: Going generic
- Friday: tricks
What do you think? can this work? :)
I enjoyed reading this article from Mat Ropert:
This describes that some older API and Libraries were made "threadsafe" by adding one big mutex to all operations. And while it could work, it also means the performance of your multi-threaded application can be reduced dramatically! The article describes how to identify those issues and fix them (even if that means modifying the library code).
Become a member to
At this level you can stay up to date with the latest C++ news and C++ Stories. Here's what you'll get:
- Access to my feed with weekly updates
- Curated News and Article Descriptions
- Access to exclusive Discord Server
- My Book: C++ Lambda Story for free, see at https://leanpub.com/cpplambda/
Know & Learn since 2022
It looks like you want to get even more C++ content!
At this level you'll get everything from the "Up-to-date!" plan, plus:
- Data Member initialization Book for free
- Extended or exclusive articles (usually twice per month)
- Extended C++20 ref Card
- Early access to new blog posts
- Access to all content from previous years
- Additional Product Promotions
- PDF version of recent blog posts
Stay at the Edge
You'll get everything for the previous plan plus:
- Free version of my C++17 in Detail book,
- *OR* Free Print Version of Lambda Story (if reachable from Amazon.com)
- Huge discounts for future projects (or even free access)