So, the storyline that starts today is kind of a repost of an old one but not really. Let me explain:
I started the page on 2017. Since then I have uploaded three stories:
1-A Night at the Qool Quasar: The first one, started in 2017.
2-A New Song: Uploaded along 2018.
3-Aury & Kwiny: The most recent. Just finished.
As it usually happens with firsts, 'A Night at the Qool Quasar' -henceforth known as QQ- was a very clunky and awkward story, both technically and script-wise. At the time I still knew very little about coding and I was still figuring out what I wanted the webcomic to be. As time went on and I learned more things I was unhappy enough with QQ that I decided to take it offline in order to fix it. Originally the plan was just make a quick fix and re-upload it again fast. I still liked the basic idea of the story, but I felt it was incomplete and needed something. What, I had no idea. So I thought about it for a long, long time. I was stuck for about a year on that, re-scripting and redrawing time and again.
Meanwhile I was drawing and uploading (and script-fixing) 'Aury and Kwiny', -henceforth known as A&K-, and a big concern at the time was finishing it so I could open time for planning the fourth yet-untitled story. You see, the creation part, from blank page to script and sketch, is always for me the hardest and longest part of creating a story, more so than drawing and coding. So, between script-fixing, regular page maintenance, creating the new story, my day job and other life-stuff, I just was unable for a long time to create a buffer of updates that would allow me to update regularly, thus I had long hiatuses of no-updates, which sucks.
Then, last year I finally found the Idea I was looking for, the one that I felt made QQ work better (Not yet perfect, but I'm much happier with it now). So I re-scripted, redrew and the end result is a very different story from it's original version. The basic premise is the same, but there's around 85-90% new content, so for practical purposes it's a new story.
So, I wanted to put the house (page) in order and I decided to work with what I had. I scheduled QQ as the next story to update on the main page. In its current incarnation that gives me around three months of weekly updates.
That brings us to this update: QQ's new version is online on the main page and will be updating weekly for a while. Patrons will have access to the entire current buffer on the development page which will be updating regularly too.
Now that A&K has finished updating that finally leaves me some time for the next tasks:
1- Finishing drawing QQ. It's enterally scripted but not yet completely drawn (around 50%).
2-Updating the code on 'A New Song'. This one still uses an old version of code that makes the browser experience clunky. Gotta migrate it to the newest version.
3-Updating the site's code. An ongoing task that never truly ends
4-Update all the page banners and social media art to reflect the new storyline.
5-Start formal development of the next (fourth) story. The basic idea is already defined, but there's still scripting to be done.
Aaand, I think that's all for now. I leave to work on the page.
Main page available at: https://www.asequentialart.com
Test page with 3 months of updates available at: https://www.asequentialart.com/anightattheqoolquasarTest.php
A&K available at https://www.asequentialart.com/Aury&Kwiny.php