Cycle adds menstruation and woohoo risk as problems your sims must deal with. Trying for babies is no longer so easy, and having a night of ecstasy with your partner is no longer so safe. Use caution to avoid unwanted rug rats or carefully track your sim's fertility in order start a family.
- Adds a nuanced simulation of the menstrual cycle to sims who should have one.
- Adds negative moodlets that can appear when a sim starts their period.
- Pregnancy can now only start if a sim woohoos while fertile.
- Teenagers can now get pregnant through their 'mess around' interaction if they are not careful.
- Regular woohoo is now dangerous, sims must now buy protection, avoid woohoo on fertile days, or risk it with the withdraw method.
- Allows your sims to get pregnant and leave who the real father is a mystery to you. (Increase pregnancy length to better experience this feature) (Better support for this coming in the future)
- Use the cycle tracker phone app to keep track of fertility and menstruation.
- New items that both have special functionality and work well as decorative clutter.
Note: That a this mod supports another mod is not an endorsement or recommendation of that mod.
- Wicked Whims by TURBODRIVER - Cycle has a decent amount of support for Wicked Whims. This mod's "woohoo" and its items work with Cycle. I don't typically play with one and won't always know if the compatibility breaks, send me a message if a new version isn't working.
- MC Woohoo by Deaderpool - This causes the try for baby interactions to not consider fertility. Normal woohoo works as intended, but use of the risky woohoo setting will likely cause this to break too. This mod would be supported right now, but the creator felt the need protect their MOD FOR THE SIMS 4's source code as if its a big government secret.
- Slice of Life (Menstrual Cycle Module) by kawaiistacie - You only need to delete the menstrual cycle module, everything else should work fine. Leaving the menstruation module in will cause your sims to have two cycles at once. Nothing is lost by using this mod instead, the Slice of Life version is relatively simplistic.
View more detailed information about this mod here: https://www.neonoceancreations.com/mods/s4/cycle/
The changes listed here are what have changed since the last preview version, see the full list here: https://www.neonoceancreations.com/mods/s4/cycle/#changes)
The first real major public release since the mod was released. This update precedes a the release of a new mod that I just finished as well.
The changes since the last preview version have mostly been about polishing up a few bits of the mod.
Minor item improvements
- Added more detail to the condom box and pregnancy test textures.
- Fixed shading issue on the pregnancy test item.
- Gave a fake brand name to the pregnancy tests.
Item purchase interaction
- Changed the item purchase interaction name on the computer and mail box to reflect the fact that not just contraceptives are being sold now.