This week I didn't publish any new article as I was busy with "web development" :)
For the last couple of days, I synchronized "cppstories" with the content from my blog, and I also made a couple of improvements:
- search is working (but still not present on mobile variant)
- search is always present in the Archive page
- updated static sites like about and Extra content
- fixed some smaller issues
Have a look:
- It's almost ready to publish... not sure what holds me back :)
- Maybe I'll try to publish a new article on Monday only at cppstories, just to see how it works :)
- I'm still thinking about comments section... maybe just throw it away? As most of the articles are commented on Reddit anyway?
I diverged for a while from describing C++20 features and moved to algorithms!
While C++ have several good data structures to hold "dictionaries" it's also good to know some other techniques.
So in the new article, I show a simple implementation of "Trie" data structure. This container might be efficient when you want to store words and then retrieve them with prefix search.
See the first part of the article in the attached PDF
Lambda Story Work
During the previous week, I also managed to push a lot of smaller changes to Lambda Story. This time it was mostly related to wording and grammar ("a" and "the"). The plan is still to release it by the end of this month or at least 1st Dec.
Around the Web
Today we have a release of MSVC 2019 16.9!
What's related with C++?
- Modules, Coroutines, and some Ranges (see the status P0896R4 <ranges> · Issue #39 · Microsoft/STL · GitHub)
- IntelliSense provides support for C++20 <concepts> and <ranges> header
- std::midpoint and std::lerp are constexpr
See in this article:
And the full Changelog · Microsoft/STL Wiki · GitHub