Work is chugging along, and we thank you so much for supporting us even though development is not as fast as other game projects. Here's the state of the project right now:
- We were unable to get on Square Enix Collective even though we were told we'd be given a slot this month. We originally applied for Collective in early 2015 and was in 'pending review' for 7 months. In Jan 2016, Collective apologized for a system error that kept us in limbo and told us we'd be given a slot in February. A few days before February we were told that since we had already resolved a Kickstarter we were no longer eligible for Collective. Seeing as how the Collective platform is new and possibly filled with kinks, we're pretty bummed but understanding of the situation.
- We are still working on multiple aspect ratio support. Right now we are roughly 50% of the way there.
- There is a bug with the gameplay environment after upgrading to OpenGL 4 that causes the trees and environment to look brighter than intended. We are working on this fix at the same time as multiple aspect ratio support.
- Work on the new main menu is currently on hold until we resolve the above two issues.
- We are discussing an internal change to the color system at the moment. We originally planned for 6 colors and no neutral color, but now we are heavily considering doing 5 colors and adding a neutral color. This would allow players more options in deck design instead of being limited to the two colors they choose for each deck.
Lastly, we'd like to extend a personal invitation to you Patrons. If you are interested in discussing the project and its future through Skype, feel free to reach out to us and we'll set up a time to address any concerns you may have. Thank you so much for supporting us as we work on exciting new features in 2016!