Content Summary for December 2020
Jan 14, 2021
This is a list of content I posted to, or found useful, on Twitter. And stuff I posted to Patreon.
- Viv's 12 Day's Testing Advent Calendar was funhttps://twitter.com/eviltester/status/1343508075802718208
- Static Analysis in the Games Industryhttps://www.viva64.com/en/b/0778/
- Static Analysis Top 10 Game Bugshttps://hownot2code.com/2018/05/08/static-analysis-in-video-game-development-top-10-software-bugs/
- Check the bottom of this post for an example of Google Colaboratoryhttps://tms1337.medium.com/but-dude-tdd-is-so-slow-and-besides-it-all-boils-down-to-the-same-sh-t-78ea3e8afe6d
- My TestFlix talkhttps://twitter.com/eviltester/status/1338464444221956098
Blog Posts For December 2020
- API Testing Challenge - How To - GET todos id 404 How to solve challenge GET todos id 404.
Patreon Posts For December 2020
- XMas Testing Challenge Your Challenge: What issues did The Pulper team miss in version 11?
- Cellular AutomataI've always been fascinated by Cellular Automata but never seen any good usecases.
- Open Source Profile - Open Quality Conference Keynote RecordingThe recording of my talk: 'Open Source Profile' from the Open Quality Conference - Keynote Recording
- Buggy Gamesgames are essentially 'engines'
- Some beginner programing notesLessons reminded when coding with a beginner.
- The temptation to write a tool...One of my biases is towards tooling. Not just finding and using tools but building tools. Thinking Tactically helps me.
- Secure by Design BookSecure by Design Book
- Data Modelling takes practiceData Modelling takes practice. Learn tools of structural modelling, and the approaches for semantic modelling.
- Analytics and Cookie Compliance LawsOne thing I've been meaning to do for a while is move off Google Analytics... and now have.
- Finishing is hard - tips to helpTips for incrementally writing and releasing.
- Jupyter Colab PythonSome tools just keep popping back up on my radar.
- Content Summary for November 2020Content Summary for November 2020
- November 2020 Collated PDFsNovember 2020 Collated PDFs
- More Communication Solves Everything?When in doubt put more communication out.
- Remote AgileRemote Agile Pairing and time zones.
- Fear as a motivatorIs fear a motivator?
- What does that imply?Very often our 'testing' techniques don't have to be complicated. I like summarising them to simple questions.
- Switching tooling considerations - sometimes you stickSwitching between strategic tooling is a big decision. You may have to migrate slowly, and use both in parallel.
- Onboarding and QualityOnboarding is a very hard problem for tools that are 'different'. Quality relates to our mental models.
- The Power of an AskThe 'Management Ask' has a lot of power and too open to accidental abuse.
- Office PoliticsOffice politics are interesting, painful, but interesting.
- Estimates and ModelsTreat the process of estimation of building a model. Try to identify what you can monitor to improve the model over time.
- Things not to automate using SeleniumI've broken the best practice 'rules' in the past. And I'll explain why.
Become a member to
Unlock 1,512 exclusive posts
Be part of the community
Connect via private message