GLRP is going to be largest project I’ve attempted since the reboot of the comic. Its main goal is the overall improvement of both structure and presentation of Monstroniverse content. This will be a long running process, which may occupy the entire 2021. Time to time I am going to hold discussions on the Monstroniverse Discord server about the things I’m working on, so you, readers and supporters, have a chance to participate in Monstroniverse lore-building! if you want, of course.
In no particular order, here are the subjects of change. I’ll may work at one at a time or at several at once. Regardless of what I choose to focus on - I'll inform you about it on Discord.
- “Monstroniverse adventures” comic structure. I want to make the existing chapters shorter and plan to cut several chapters in halves. That will involve re-numbering of vast amount of pages and creation of new Chapter covers. Still, this is going to be the least difficult point of this project as it doesn’t involve any content changes.
- General and magic lore. There is a significant number of things that I want to change/make more clear about the basic lore of Monstroniverse. As an example, I want to add a specific term for “Sexual energy” as it sounds too… vogue. To clarify some magic mechanics which currently remain unclear, like how exactly channeling works. Also there is a need to make more clear what creatures should be labeled “Monsters” and which not. I am thinking about the removal of the “Neutral monster” classification, so only Predators and P-types are left. And yes… a proper term for “P-type monsters” is needed.
Current “Neutral monsters” will be moved to a new category, something like “Beasts of Monstroniverse” to signify that they’re unique to this setting, but are not considered such by the residents of it.
- Geography. This is where the huge work begins. As I’ve already mentioned in the year conclusion article, current structure of geography lore is a complete mess. I want to bring it in order.
The map of the Karandia continent needs an update. Not only visual one, but also of what it shows. I am going to remove names of countries from it and instead address them as “Regions”. Countries are not static throughout the history and the borders change. This should help avoid confusion such as when we’re talking about a distant past of certain region which is named after a country that doesn’t exist at that time period.
This change will also help me to add some more, minor nations and city-states, which exist in my mind but have a hard time finding a spot on the current map.
- Country lore. I am going to create two types of articles for each country – the basic and in-depth. The basic one will mention only the briefest information needed to give the reader the idea about local people and culture. The in-depth article will focus on origin, historical figures, events and such.
This major change should help avoid confusion for new readers who would like to learn more about Monstroniverse lore but who would run into one of the more information-heavy articles and feel overwhelmed.
- Monstrology. The same principal will be used for all current and future Monstrology articles. Yes, I am going to rework every existing Monstrology article, making them more in-line with each other. I’ll use my favorite sketchy illustrations for them, while moving all colorful ones to the “Extra material”.
- Lore navigation. I want to change the structure of the sites where I keep the information. The basic lore articles will be kept in the Comicfury lore archive, while in-depth articles will be kept on an entirely different site (Though this is not decided yet. May be there will be a better way). Basic articles will have links leading to the related articles and vise-versa.
Basically what I want to achieve with this – is to remove the possibility for new readers to run into one of the in-depth articles while they explore the basic lore. But to also add an easier way for existing readers to find in-depth info if they want.