Some of the Best Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks is one of the best software around the world, having great functionalities and features. This software gives accurate data to the users, this software is officially used by many small and mid-size businesses to manage their accounting data. Intuit has launched the software to provide the best accounting solution to global business leaders, it has all the propriety ownership related to the software. This software has provided numerous features such as automatic payment, business analysis reports, track inventory items, tax collecting, and multi-user mode.
In QuickBooks, using Multi-user mode allows every user in a company to access the QuickBooks company files at any time from different computers. But sometimes it faces technical glitches and errors due to the H-series error like QuickBooks Error H505.
QuickBooks Error H505 stops the users from accessing the company files from the QuickBooks Hosting Computer. Today in this article we will discuss the causes and symptoms of this error and will learn how to fix the QuickBooks Error H505.
Main Causes Behind the QuickBooks Error H505
1. QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service is not Running: Apart from other services the QBDBMgrN is also needed to use the multi-user mode. But sometimes when these services are not running in the system it causes the Error.
2. Due to Damaged or Corrupted.ND Files: In QuickBooks the.ND file is the most important file because.ND file helps QuickBooks to access the company file over the network. Therefore, if the.ND file somehow got corrupted or damaged then in this case QuickBooks won't be able to access the company files over the network.
3. Host Computer IP address is inaccessible: When the other workstations are unable to access the server’s IP address, in this case, users won't be able to access the company file
4. Improper Windows Firewall Configuration: This error also occurs when the Windows firewall settings are misconfigured according to the version of QuickBooks Software.
5. Incorrect DNS Settings: DNS(Domain Name System) works as a transportation and helps to take the user to the IP address. If you are unable to access the company file, incorrect DNS settings could also be the reason behind it.
QuickBooks Error H505 Symptoms
These are some of the symptoms that a user may notice while getting errors using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
1. QuickBooks starts crashing more frequently
2. The entire system will start crashing, after opening the QuickBooks
3. The system performance starts decreasing, slowing the system response on every input and output.
4. The operating system starts freezing
Some of the Best Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Now, you can easily fix this error by going through our troubleshooting methods:
Solution 1: Run the QB Database Server Manager on your server
Step 1: Download and Install the QB Tools Hub on your server
If anything happens with QuickBooks, then QuickBooks Tools Hub helps you fix the errors. For your best experience, we always recommend you use the QuickBooks Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64bit.
1. Close QuickBooks
2. Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the file somewhere you can access it (like the downloads folder).
3. Open the Downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
4. Now, follow on-screen steps and agree to the terms and conditions.
5. After the installation finishes, double click on the Tool Hub to open it.
Step 2: From Tools Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
Your server computer works as the host and provides the access to the company files. Your other computers connected to the server network are called Workstations.
1. Open QuickBooks Tools Hub and select Network Issues
2. Here, select QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If QuickBooks is not installed on your server, it will prompt you to install it.
3. Under the QBDBSM, select Start Scan when you see your company files, if not browse to the location of your company file then select Start Scan.
4. Now the QuickBooks Database Server Manager will fix the Windows firewall permissions automatically, after the scan finishes, click on close.
5. Now open each of the workstations where you are seeing the QuickBooks Error H505. Choose file and switch to the Multi-User Mode.
Solution 2: Verify the Running Services on your Server
Make sure that QuickBooks services are running on the server computer, Follow the given steps to check QuickBooksDBXX service status. Then repeat the same for QBCFMonitorService.
1. Open the Windows Start Menu on your server computer.
2. Enter “Run” inside the search and open Run.
3. Enter “services.MSC” into the Run box, and press Enter.
4. Find and double-click QuickBooksDBXX on the list. XX denotes the version of QuickBooks.
5. Choose Automatic for the Startup Type.
6. Verify that the Service is either Running or Started. If it’s neither, Choose Start.
7. Choose the Recovery tab
8. Click on Restart the Service from each of the menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
9. Click on Apply and Select OK to save the changes
10. Repeat the same step with QBCFMonitorService.
After doing all of the things, Open QuickBooks from each of the Workstations. Go to the files menu and select Switch to Multi-user Mode. If everything working fine, then the problem has been fixed.
Solution 3: Configure your windows firewall Ports settings on your server
Make sure that your Windows Firewall is allowing all the connections of QuickBooks through the firewall.
1. Set and configure the Windows Firewall according to the QuickBooks
2. After configuring the windows firewall permissions, open QuickBooks on your workstations.
3. Hover to the File menu and select Switch to Multi-User Mode
If everything starts working fine in QuickBooks and the system then the issue has been fixed. In case if not, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Ping your server from the other Workstations
By Pinging the server from workstations you check the connection is working or not. Ping from those workstations where you're getting the QuickBooks Error H505.
1. Open the Start Menu on your server
2. Type "Network" into the search box and open Network and Sharing Center
3. Choose Change advanced sharing settings
4. Turn on Network Discovery in Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing sections.
Now, get your server name from your server.
1. Press Windows + R key to open Run Command
2. Type "CMD" in the search box, and hit Enter
3. Type "ipconfig/all" into the cMD box, and press enter
4. Find the Host Name in the Windows IP Configuration section. Your server name is on the right.
Write down the hostname and copy it to a word document, where you can find it easily.
1. Press Windows + R key to open the Run Command
2. Type CMD in the search box and press enter
3. Type "ping_[your server name]," and press Enter
4. Repeat the same steps on each workstation where you’re getting the Error.
We hope that the given solutions help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error H505. But sometimes these solutions look confusing for some peoples, and this is where we can help. Our top-level certified experts help you resolve the error all you have to do is to dial (844)-888-4666 to get instant assistance.