Fixed an issue where some crafted debug objects were not placeable. This was a result of the new Organized Debug and wasn't reported until after public release. Please grab v2.2 and if organized debug was already on for you, please turn it off, restart, and turn it back on to ensure the fix has been applied.
Better BuildBuy v2.0 is now public!
v2.0 brings huge improvements like no-CC Organized Debug, better kit filters, and a new build mode light editor.
Thanks to all of my patrons who participated in the beta and release candidates, and for bearing with me while we worked through the latest patch issues. 🧡
(This video is somewhat incorrect now, but it's still useful for getting started)
- Having Organized Debug on no longer causes your lot to be marked as CC.
That means you no longer have to restart the game constantly.
- A Light Editor has been added to build mode, with a dropdown for light selection.
You can access it by shift+clicking any light.
- Debug/LiveEdit Objects for packs you don't own will no longer appear in the catalog.
- "Kit" pack filters have been split into their individual kits, so you can pick exactly which kit you want to see.
- Added a "Desync" dialog message. There's a few occasions where Organized Debug can be left in a bad state, for example after deleting your resource.cfg. This new dialog will show when organized debug needs reset. If you get it, all you should need to do is restart your game once and then you can continue using it as you normally would.
Better BuildBuy Quick-Start
- You don't have to use Organized Debug for TOOL. Just don't check the filter.
- Do NOT use debug or liveedit cheats. Use their respective filters instead.
- Do NOT install buildcam or expandable catalog separately. They're included in BBB.
- Filters are different! Please don't ask where your CC went.
Filters work as follows:
Hide Maxis - Hides all regular objects that aren't debug, liveedit, or cc.
Debug - Shows debug objects, replaces the need for the debug cheat.
LiveEdit - Shows LiveEdit objects, replaces the need for the liveedit cheat.
Custom Content - Shows Custom Content objects. Off by default, be sure to check this if you want your CC visible. Filters stay set even when you close your game, so you'll only need to turn CC on once if desired.
- Press 1 (number row) to toggle catalog size.
- Press Tab to activate Freecam mode in build.
- If you'd like to use Organized Debug, open the game and open your buildbuy filters. Scroll to Better BuildBuy and select Organized Debug. You'll receive a pop-up and will be told to restart. After doing so, Organized Debug is active.
- If you're completely new to BBB, I recommend watching my original tutorial.
⚠ FOLLOW IT WORD FOR WORD. ⚠
1. Delete any existing copies you have for BBB.
2. Open the "TwistedMexi's Better BuildBuy v2.1 Official" zip and drag the "Tmex-BetterBuildBuy" folder inside to your mods root. (No subfolders!)
3. That's it! Don't restructure or move the files in any way
NOTE: On Mac, .zip files may automatically be unzipped when downloaded. In that case, drag the newly downloaded folder to your mods.
Hate to see you go, but if you are, it's best if you do the following first:
1. Open your game with the mod installed.
2. Turn off Organized Debug in your filter panel.
3. Close your game.
4. You may now delete the mod.