Today's update introduces 6 new leaderboards. Previously there was only really one leaderboard type, so there are now 7 leaderboard types in total.
Note that the new leaderboards are "all-time" leaderboards, not periodic leaderboards (yearly/monthly/etc.). Periodic leaderboards have not been added for the new leaderboard types, because that requires me to answer the question: what should happen to old leaderboards when games become (un)restricted, or removed? Furthermore, periodic leaderboards are challenging the performance of the Steam Hunters server enough as it is.
1. Main Leaderboard
Previously known as the All-Time Leaderboard, this is the main leaderboard that includes all games, regardless of whether they are unrestricted/restricted or available/removed.
2. Unrestricted Games Leaderboard
This leaderboard is more true to Steam Community profiles, because it excludes games that have limited profile features (a.k.a. restricted games).
3. Restricted Games Leaderboard
It goes without saying that if I'm adding a unrestricted-only leaderboard, there will be a restricted-only leaderboard as well!
4. Available Games Leaderboard
If you wonder what the leaderboards would look like if removed games didn't count, and everyone had to work with the games currently available on the Steam store, look no further.
5. Removed Games Leaderboard
6. Banned Games Leaderboard
7. Removed & Banned Games Leaderboard
These leaderboards are for the removed games collectors among us. Whether you think banned games should be counted or not, these leaderboards should cover your needs. After all, Steam Hunters has improved it's removed games tracking.
"Removed" now includes purchase disabled games
... and games that aren't fully removed are no longer considered removed.
Previously, games on Steam Hunters were labeled as "Removed" when they were delisted, regardless of whether you could still buy the game on Steam via a different game or bundle. If a game's store page no longer offers a purchase option, that game wasn't labeled as "Removed" on Steam Hunters.
This has changed in today's update, with help from Steam-Tracker.com (thanks Cae!). Now, removed games includes all of the following categories:
- Banned (unreleased)
- F2P (unavailable)
- Pre-order exclusive
- Purchase disabled
- Retail only
- Test app
You can still easily find or avoid removed games by using the pre-existing "Removed" checkbox filter when browsing games. But in addition to that filter, it is now also possible to filter games on their specific removed category. For example, if you want to browse Delisted and Purchase disabled games only:
The filter in the picture above will lead to the following filtered list: https://steamhunters.com/games?removedCategory=1,3
The "Banned" checkbox filter, that was added a handful of updates ago, has been removed, because Banned is just one (or rather, two) of the removed categories. To browse banned games, all you have to do is the following:
The filter in the picture above will lead to the following filtered list: https://steamhunters.com/games?removedCategory=20,23
If you're a Steam-Tracker user, you might have noticed there are less removed categories on Steam Hunters. That's because I have made it so that categories such as "Delisted hardware", "Delisted software" and "Delisted video" are merged into a single "Delisted" category.
Speaking of Steam-Tracker, I have added...
Steam-Tracker profile links and game links
On Steam Hunters profiles you can now find a link to their respective Steam-Tracker profile:
You'll find a similar link on game pages (doesn't matter if the game is removed or not):
Four new filters for games
1. Non-English filter
The Non-English games filter will help you find or exclude games that do not support the English language. These games will have this icon:
Here's a list of all non-English games: https://steamhunters.com/games?nonEnglish=true
2. Adult Only filter
The Adult Only games filter will help you find or exclude games that have a "Adult Only Sexual Content" warning on the Steam store. These games have this icon:
Here's a list of all adult only games: https://steamhunters.com/games?adultOnly=true
3. Following filter
The Following games filter will help you find or exclude games that you have followed on Steam. If you follow games on Steam (by clicking the "Follow" button on Steam store pages), this filter will show up when browsing games on your profile.
After following a game on Steam, you have to update your Steam Hunters profile to let the site detect that you have followed the game.
Your followed games have the following icon (if you enable it in the settings):
Here's a list of my followed games: https://steamhunters.com/id/RudeySH/games?state=all&followed=true
4. Ignored filter
The Ignored games filter will help you find or exclude games that you have ignored on Steam. If you ignore games on Steam (by clicking the "Ignore" button on Steam store pages), this filter will show up when browsing games on your profile.
You have to install the Steam Hunters Assistant userscript to help Steam Hunters detect your ignored games. After ignoring a game on Steam while having the assistant userscript installed, Steam Hunters will synchronize your ignored games automatically. No profile updated needed!
Your ignored games have the following icon (if you enable it in the settings):
Here's a list of my ignored games: https://steamhunters.com/id/RudeySH/games?state=all&ignored=true
All of these filters can be combined to (for example) find free achievement games that support the English language, do not contain adult only sexual content, and haven't been ignored already: https://steamhunters.com/id/RudeySH/games?state=all&achievements=true&adultOnly=false&free=true&nonEnglish=false&ignored=false
Various other features/bugfixes
- Added a new sort option for game lists on profiles: added to library. This sort option uses the date on which Steam Hunters detected your ownership of games, not the date on which you actually purchased something (that's not possible to implement). This sort option works best if you frequently update your Steam Hunters profile.
- Added a setting for enabling/disabling icons for wishlisted games.
- Updated the Tools page (now renamed to Userscripts) to include more details for various userscripts made by me. The new link is: https://steamhunters.com/userscripts
- Fixed an issue where the store page details of apps were sometimes taken from the wrong store pages.
In between this update and the previous Patreon post, various features/bugfixes have been implemented that I hadn't mentioned on Patreon yet:
- The number of players that completed a game should now be reset to 0 immediately when new achievements are added.
- Fixed the background job that was (among other things) responsible for determining which apps are restricted. This led to new demos not being marked as restricted for the past month or so.
- Added a setting to include the article (A/An and The) when sorting apps by title. For example, enabling this setting will sort The Elder Scrolls games under "T" instead of "E".
- Fixed an issue where a game's Players Completion % was higher than it should've been. This happened because all unobtainable achievements that the game had were replaced, lowering the number of players that completed the game but not the percentage.