The bu’daan resembles a huge weasel with great bat wings
A bu’daan is the master of all it surveys. This extremely rare rare creature usually lives in high areas and its fur brings an enormous price. Bu’daan are extremely territorial and feed mostly on tsorsut and yexil. However, they have been known to be cannibalistic and sometimes use their phlegm balls on each other. They generally do not eat humans or human-sized creatures, as their size hardly makes the effort worthwhile. The exception to this guideline is when a large troop of humansized creatures are traveling out in the open. The fur of a bu’daan is so thick and luxurious that it fetches an incredible price in market places, provided it is not shot up, burned, or otherwise greatly damaged and if it is no older than six days, so the tanners can properly preserve it.
Gargantuan monstrosity (mutant), unaligned
Armor Class 11 (natural armor)
Hit Points 184 (16d20+16)
Speed 20 ft., fly 120 ft.
STR | DEX | CON | INT | WIS | CHA
28 (+9) | 13 (+1) | 12 (+1) | 10 (+0) | 9 (-1) | 3 (-4)
Saving Throws Dex +7, Con +7
Skills Perception +5
Senses passive Perception 15
Challenge 17 (1,800 XP)
Keen Hearing and Smell. The bu’daan has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
Multiattack. The bu'daan makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its talons.
- Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 27 (4d8 + 9) piercing damage.
- Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 23 (4d6 + 9) slashing damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 23). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the bu'daan can't use its talons on another target.
Phlegm Ball. The bu'daan spits a glob at a point it can see within 180 feet of it. It can use each glob only once on a turn. A glob affects all creatures in a 45-foot radius (roll 1d4 or choose).
- 1. Orange. All targets are grappled (escape DC 23). Until this grapple ends, the targets are restrained, blinded, and at risk of suffocating. In addition, at the start of each of the target's turns, the target takes 7 (2d6) bludgeoning damage.
- 2. Yellow. All targets must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or be stunned for 1 minute. The targets can repeat the saving throw at the start of each of their turns, ending the effect on a success.
- 3. Green. The targets are restrained by the glob. As an action, the restrained targets can make a DC 23 Strength check, bursting the glob on a success. The glob can also be attacked and destroyed (AC 10; hp 5; vulnerability to fire damage; immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage).
- 4. Blue. The targets must succeed on a DC 23 Strength saving throw or be pushed up to 15 feet directly away from the bu-daan and have their speed halved until the start of the budaan's next turn.
Lightning Breath (Recharge 5-6). The bu'daan exhales lightning in a 120-foot line that is 10 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw, taking 88 (16d10) lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Like this article? Join us on Patreon for just $1/month; follow me on Amazon, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Pinterest, Quora, Twitter, and the web; buy my books: Legends Comic, Punktown for Call of Cthulhu, The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, andAwfully Familiar. Thanks for reading!