The feedback I got was amazing, all stuff I hadn’t heard before, so I immediately started working on updating the game. Now all I had to do was get it done before Monday at 9pm, the deadline for the design contest I was entering. Some may call this rash change to the game so late in the process a mistake, and I certainly might be disqualified for having an “unfinished” design, but it was a risk I was wiling to take. What I did learn during the process was how to actively design during playtesting, something I think every designer should try whenever possible. Today I’ll cover some tips on how to be flexible with your design, even in the middle of a playtest. It’s not easy showing the inner workings of your process to players, but the payoff is worth it, so let’s get to it!