In Episode 1, I talk about:
- How pleasure and political resistance meet
- A long-forgotten thinker who can enrich our perspective of the present day
- What having sex on the sidewalk has to do with activism
- Your miserable friend and why they're so miserable
- Superman vs bombs
- Planets having sex with one another
Here's an essay I wrote about French psychoanalyst/philosopher Jacques Lacan. In the notes to that essay, there are some books about him you can check out. My encounter with Lacan comes primarily from undergoing Lacanian analysis for years, which majorly messed my mind up. But in a good way.
Grant Morrison's comic book work is so prolific that I'll just let you sort through on your own. That said, he has an excellent book on how fiction infuses (and sometimes overtakes) what we call reality. You can get Supergods: What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, and a Sun God from Smallville Can Teach Us About Being Human here .
All right, that's episode one! Please comment in the community forum and also share with your friends, family, animal companions, and preferred objects.
Use the hashtag #AEWCH when you do.
Thank you and Love!