I'm so excited to have Abby Martin on the show. Abby and I talk how to sift through media and find trustworthy voices, politics, imperialism, Palestinian rights, and how to live in the intensities of our world.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Abby & I are CLEARLY Russian agents: 1:45
- The Jill Stein Problem: 7:10
- The longing for a politician we can believe in, no matter what he or she says: 10:00
- The moment the scales fell from Abby's eyes: 11:30
- How conspiracies form when world views are shattered: 14:00
- The exploitation of Seth Rich's death: 16:00
- Why gathering the evidence for a conspiracy is not enough: 18:35
- La La Land as the expression of US anxieties: 21:30
- Israel as a concentration of world issues and moral compass: 25:15
- Media misrepresentation: 38:00
- The difference between Chris Hedges's despicable views on porn
- versus Noam Chomsky's dumb but responsible ones: 40:30
- Thinking original thoughts and Wittgenstein's struggle: 46:00
- Stumbling your way toward better politics: 53:25
Here are resources for some things we talk about in this episode:
Journalist Dan Cohen
Website Electronic Intifada
Ben Ehrenreich's book, The Way to the Spring: Life and Death in Palestine
Michael Taussig's essay, "Two Weeks in Palestine"
This was a crazy episode to record, with all sorts of nutso tech problems. But we finally pulled through, albeit with slightly echoey sound and mildly shiny Conner Habib forehead. YOUR support is ensuring this never happens again - I'm getting new and improved equipment. Thank you SO much, patrons.
Please share on social media and use #AEWCH when you do!