I'm receiving quite a lot of questions about the Apprentice Tier, so I decided to write more details about it.
Becoming my Apprentice gives you an opportunity to get:
- Red-lines. Up to 5 pictures per month corredted by me. I'm doing my best keep your style, but fix perspective and proportion mistakes.
- Paint-overs. Up to 2 pictures per month with PSD files for you to study the techiques and step-by-step process if there were significant changes in the whole picture.
- Exercises. Short written exercises and quizzes which helps you understand qand remember how things works.
- "How to" tutorials. 2-3 PSD tutorials with explanation, focused on drawing and paintig different parts of human body and materials.
- Pictures to paint studies. Related to the things we had learn about.
- Personalised Critique. If you wish, you will receive a professional, subjective, and honest critique of your work, along with tips on how to improve your style.
- ART Questions and Answers Sessions for Apprentices only! You will be able to contact me via Discord or Hangouts or via mail - depending on what you prefer.
- Full month feature of your works on my DeviantART page. I'll post a journal featuring pictures of your choice on my DA page. You will be able to get some new audience and feedback!
Is there any knowledge required?
Yes, you need to know basic Photoshop (or similar drawing program) or be willing to search a little bit for yourself.
Also, you need to have very general idea of digital drawing. I will teach you even very basic things like proportions and perspective, but I will not theach you how to use a graphic tablet, because it's almost impossible remotely. However, I'll try to help you if you get stuck, but I hope you will do some research by yourself. Seems fair?
How does this whole apprentice works?
I'm adjusting the theme of tutorials and exercises to your needs, that's why if you woud like to become my Apprentice spend some time thinking about:
- What is your goal?
- What would you like to learn or improve?
- What is the most difficult for you?
- What is your beauty ideal (for bot mand and woman)?
- What style would you like to focus on? Realistic, stylised, anime?
Usually people make mistakes before they had learn the trick, but don't really understand why it works (and why it works for others but not for me). This cause a lot of problems and new mistakes. It's like a frustrating chain reaction. I'll help you find out what is the main problem and fix it.
How much time do I need?
1 hour per day would be perfect to make all exercises and studies I'll prepare. But if you have only 2 hours ber week that will be also ok, if you REALLY spend this hours on the exercises.
All depends on your skill level - for beginner exercise may take 2 hours and for advanced painter it will take only 20 minutes.
As I said, we will try to adjust things to your liking ;)
You can check out journals od DeviantArt where I oferred some help for free. This is a good example of what you can get, but of course in higher quality and with actual tutorials.
Hope this answer some of your questions, and if you have any other, just write them in a comment below.