Hi, everyone! It's that time again! Monthly news and accountability! This month's post has, as you can see, been relocated to Saturday. Next month we'll be back to a Friday schedule, no fear. Yesterday was the first day of my period and, well, it wasn't a great day. Sitting at a computer even for writing up this post just wasn't going to happen.
Life And Other Such Important Matters
Right now, life is a little less than great, but it always is the first day or so of shark week. Other than that... It continues to go apace, really. I live a terribly, awfully boring life at present.
But also, hi, did you notice how the only characters who get to be openly queer are the secondary if not tertiary ones? (No, Scorpia's crush doesn't count. I'll get to that in a moment.) Because Bow's dads get to be openly and visibly in a gay relationship, and we can make an argument for Spinerella and Netossa, but Scorpia? Scorpia's very obvious romantic crush repeatedly gets couched in platonic terms. Catra is her "bestie". They're "friends".
- 4/4 discussions of papers in Asexualities
- 14/12 books read
- 2/2 essays for May
- 100% Abstract submission
- 1/1 video on ace rep in The Bone People
- (May Addition) 1/5 discussions of papers in Asexualities
- 15,000 words of fiction written
- 1 proper essay outline
- 1 completed draft of the essay on Sing to Me
- 12 books read
- 5 discussions of papers in Asexualities
- 4,529/10,000 words of fiction written
This Month's Fiction Wordcount: 4,529
This Month's Non-Fiction Wordcount: 15,244
DemiPrincess2: Slow progress is slow, but still better than no progress.
Stand-out Positive Moment
I... don't think I have one this month? Not because the month was bad and terrible or anything! Just because more or less the only thing I can think of is stuff like "I saw sparrows sandbathing in the garden" since April was that... normal. I'm not used to normal. How do you pick out a stand-out moment of positivity and awesome when the best thing about it is the way in which the whole month just seemed to have a level of... normal to it and that this feeling in, in and of itself, a stand-out positive thing?
This Month on Patreon (+ the first weekish of May!)
- On Ace Representation: Perceived Ace-coding and Confirmed Ace Rep
- Week 15 Update
- Discord for Everyone today!
- Writing Asexual and Aromantic (Fairy Tale) Retellings
- Week 16 Update
- Fairy Tale Favourites
- Week 17 Update
- Several of My Favourite Retellings
- Let’s Read! Chapter 2 of Asexualities
- Lynn Rambles about Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Episode 13
- Let’s Read! Chapter 3 of Asexualities
- Lynn rambles about... Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 1
- Lynn Rambles about Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Episode 14
- Let's Read! Chapter 4 of Asexualities
- Lynn rambles about Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2
- Lynn rambles about... She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Season 2 (Full)
- Lynn sings... Jenny of Oldstones
- Poetry: Long Ago
- Let's Read! Chapter 5 of Asexualities
- Lynn rambles about Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 3
- WIP: Demisexuality in Sing to Me (excerpt)
- WIP: DemiPrincess 2 Chapter 4, Part 1
- WIP: DemiPrincess 2 Chapter 4, Part 2
- WIP: DemiPrincess 2 Chapter 4, Part 3
- WIP: DemiPrincess 2 Chapter 4, Part 4
How about you? What have you been up to lately? Has anything awesome happened?