For the first post of August I thought you might like to see my ideas for the Barrowwoods, home (or should I say 'haunt' ;) of the Woodspookle dragonetti.
We have quite a few tumuli dotted around the New Forest area but they are mostly found in the open, on the heath or on grassland. I've come across a few in the woods though, with trees growing on them.
I've kept the barrows above free of excessive foliage simply so that they are more visible. They seem small to us regular sized folk but to a dragonetti or the folk of the valleys they are pretty large, being diminutive folk as they are.
These tumuli, as I suspect you suspect, are a prime source of the barrowwoods' spook population.
Pledge $0 or more per month
Pledge $0.01 or more per month
Let the world know you want me to make my art - thank you!
- ongoing sketches and development of the original worlds
- works in progress for the Field Guides for Adventures
- any projects I’m working on, be they comic, game or commission
- Field Guide PDFs
- mystery attachments (digital extras such as Vanguard-sponsored Concept Pages and Seasonal Specials inspired by passing seasons and key festivals)
- Venturian Polls on such things as field guide content
- Vanguard Patron honours for Woodchi-originated products
- Vanguard Polls where you can contribute feedback and ideas that’ll help shape products
- after 7 months Vanguard patronage I’ll send you an invitation to work on a Concept Collaboration with me for a character who’ll become part of the world and will guest appear in a story somewhere - (the exact details will come with the invite but it‘ll be based on my personal tried, tested and thumbs-upped method)
- plus the occasional surprise thing