The time has come to release, probably, the most complex shader I ever worked on. It's a beautiful skybox shader with volumetric clouds, day/night cycle, real-world star map and more!
- Just a single material. No extra meshes and scripts. It just works!
- Suuuper configurable
- Volumetric clouds with configurable parallax layers count
- Day/night cycle with beautiful sunsets and downs
- Real-world rotatable star-map with star-blinking
- Clouds light scattering
- Works perfect in VRChat
- Much-much more!
Note, that this asset is for my Tier III patrons only.
You can download it here:
A video about how beautiful it is: https://youtu.be/uY0EOznepxY
All the features:
- It's just a single material, no scripts.
- You can configure the clouds quality with parallax layers count
- Automatically sets the sun position depending on your directional light
- Automatically changes colors depending on the day or night time
- You can set the sun position manually too
- Supports moon with it's own settings
- Clouds scatters light from the sun and moon
- You can change the cloudiness to make any weather you want
- You can animate your clouds position automatically or by animator/script
- Cloud shape control (feathering, etc.)
- 2 cloud layers
- Stars supports blinking
- You can physically move relatively to the clouds
- Clouds pattern is based on a texture map. so you can make your own unique cloud pattern.
- Fully editable with Amplify Shader Editor
All the shader properties:
Sky Color Settings - Controls the sky color on day, night and sunset time.
Clouds Color Settings - Controls the clouds color on day, night and sunset time.
Clouds Volumetric Settings - Clouds settings which controls their shape.
- Perlin Noise - A texture that used to create clouds. Basically a tiling clouds height-map texture. Can be an RGB texture. Channel R is a main height-map, channel G is a heigt-map for secondary "mini-clouds". Channel B represents clouds feathering.
- Cloud Parallax Layers - defines the quality of the volumetric clouds. More layers - better quality, but less performance. I would not recommend to use more then 16 layers for VR usage.
- Cloudiness - You can change weather ^__^
- Clouds Thickness - More thickness, more visible parallax layers, but thicker cloud shape.
- Clouds Size Reduce - Defines the gradation how cloud's upper part size will be reduced in size.
- Cloud Bottom Layers - Additional layers to make clouds bottom part a little bit darker. Better use only two or three layers for better performance.
Clouds Wind Settings - You can set an automatic clouds animation, or manually control their position.
Clouds Visual Settings - Controls some visual aspects.
- Cloud Contrast - Very useful property to control clouds softness.
- Feathering options - Controls clouds deformation post-effect.
- Clouds Horizon Height and Gradient - Controls how far you can see the clouds. Must be configured properly if you're using fog.
- Cloud Masking - How much clouds masks the sun, stars, etc.
- World Space Clouds - You can move relatively to the clouds in horizontal space.
Mini Clouds Settings - Properties for secondary clouds. (G noise-texture color channel)
Sun Settings - You can configure your sun's shape, scattering, etc.
Moon Settings - You can configure your moon, it's light scattering, colors, rotation etc.
Stars Settings - Configure how your star map will look like. Made to work best with NASA's star-map (included in the archive). Star Blink Noise - is a noise texture, which scrolls through the sky to make a star blinking effect. Uses a B color channel.
- Auto Light Direction - Sun can be set automatically by your directional light
- Mirror World - Mirrors your world vertically. Useful for water reflections. No any performance impact.
- Invert World - Basically mirrors your world horizontally.
- Cull Mode - Back culling is a default option for using the material for a skybox. Front culling if for using it with a default unity sphere, for example.