It's my life's impossible dream to meet everyone and shake their hands.
My Biggest obstacle is I am absurdly awkward during first meetings.
I have absolutely no shame it putting myself out there and introducing myself it's the split second after that, My mind always freezes and goes "I know absolutely nothing about this person, What do I say now?
To fix this I have been practicing spatial awareness, which is the ability to pick up on things in their surroundings and try to make assumptions or relate in some way to find a conversational subject.
Besides my love for coffee, It's why I try to consistently work at coffee shops. It helps with small talk. I try to talk to at least one person to get to know them every time I work, and what I've learned is people love to reject conversations. it's fine, I do it all the time, but I've found it actually gets easier to handle the more it happens.
"Hi there sir, how are you?"
*stares back at me with a blank expression*
"I want a large caramel macchiato."
"absolutely, Have a good day."
That's how it usually goes.
Because of this I usually seem less awkward, fewer people reject conversation, more hands are shaken, closer to my dreams.The next few blogs are observations I've made and a grouped up and broken down version of several books I've read on being a better conversationalist.
Pledge $0 or more per month
Pledge $0.01 or more per month
Welcome to we the Guild!
- A Thank you Card - One per person
- Sneak Peek at our blog posts 3 days before they are posted elsewhere.
- Behind the scenes: Pictures and videos when they happen.
- Pictures from shows and practices
- Podcasts (some or all of us talk about ideas and our own life interests) 2 week early
Welcome to Everything else!
- Facebook group invite
- Follow back from our social media accounts
- Plus all previous rewards
- poll for a discussion topic
- invites to live chats
Hang with the gang
consists of 2 sessions a month making it will lasting at max 3 months.
We the guild got you a Starter bag!
- It's a grab bag time only 25 people get one.
We each send you the Basics of the guild
Shipping is covered by you however.