- Here's the original What's Your Bid phone mob
- Here's the old phone mob page on phonelosers.org
- Cal's old forums sort of still exist on archive.org
- Here's some info about the infamous John Sever who inspired me to prank radio shows He also reminded me a few years ago that I made a bomb threat to our grade school during recess while on the playground.
- Looks like my cassette-to-mp3 conversion mostly happened in 2007, as you can see here and here. How ironic, one of those posts has me making fun of a Metro PCS lady for not knowing what "dr" means.
- 1-800-THE-POOL commercial
- What if C.A.T. really spelled dog?
- Music in this show was Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder. I don't even like that song, but the opening lyrics are awesome.
During post editing I realized that "dr" might mean deaf relay, but all of those messages began with dr, even the ones that were just regular voicemails left on my machine about wrasslin' tapes and stuff.
Want to know the time and temperature in Alton, IL? Call 618-465-4545. I've been calling this number regularly my entire life. As a kid I called it each morning before school to find out how much walking to school would suck. As an adult I still call it at least once a month when I'm testing out new phone equipment or making sure my show recordings sound okay.
I'm kind of sad that the number was recently taken over by a new company and it sounds nothing like it used to. Before it was always run by St. Anthony's hospital and would contain advertisements for dying old people by a lady who sounded like Pat Fleet. Now it's all computerized and is run by a local website. Awesome of them to take it over though, so it didn't die.