How do you get creative in your pursuit of wellness?
Creative Wellness Works ~ Creative Non-Fiction Essay Contest
Entry Deadline: April 15th, 2018
Entry Fee: $15
Winners Announced July 2018
2018 Creative Wellness Works Essay Contest Entry Guidelines
SheilaLynnK Art Studio is now accepting
previously un-published entries of
non-fiction essays 500-800 words in length describing,
how the arts, in any capacity, contribute to your personal wellness and/or the wellness of your community.
The contest is open to writers age 18 and over. An English Translation of the written work must be submitted with ALL non-English entries. If the piece is selected for publication; both versions will be shown. CONTACT the studio if you have questions.
Submissions that do not meet the word-length requirement, or that exceed it (excluding translations), will be disqualified. All essays must be the original work of the entrant whose name is listed on the submission form. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes on winnings.
The ownership of any submission remains the property of the writer. Entry into the competition constitutes the entrant's permission and consent, without compensation, for use of the written material w/author’s byline in future public listings and publications hosted by sheilalynnkart.com and affiliated pages.
Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST April 15th, 2018.
- Originality ~ written work clearly shows your personal experience with the application of arts in the pursuit of wellness
- Conceptual Interpretation ~ written work includes your personal interpretation of “wellness” as it applies to yourself and your community, as well as, your personal interpretation of “the arts” and how they are applicable in your experience.
- Factual Accuracy ~ accurate facts are utilized in any references used to support the connections you make between the arts and wellness.
- How Interesting Is It? ~ Essay publication is intended to provide readers with inspiring insights into the benefits of utilizing the arts in the pursuit of wellness. Entrants are encouraged to creatively express the wellness value of the arts.
- Structure (including vocabulary and writing style)
- Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation ~ spelling counts
How to Enter
Pay your $15 entry Fee online. Note your payment receipt/transaction I.D. number under your name at the top of your entry. Online submissions without this information will be disqualified. Entry Fees are non-refundable.
At the top right corner of the first page; your entry should also include:
"Creative Wellness Works 2018 Essay Contest", the Title of the work, your name, and your contact information.
Submit your entry in word format.
Label your document file using: “CWW18.insertyourLastName”
Email your file to: [email protected]
subject: CWW 2018 Essay Contest Entry
via U.S. Mail
Mail your entry to:
CWW18 Essay Contest
SheilaLynnK Art Studio
345 South Main Street
Wellsville, NY 14895
Make check or money order payable to: SheilaLynnK Art Studio.
Memo: CWW18 Essay Contest
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like to receive notification of winners via U.S. Mail.
2018 Creative Wellness Works Prize Packages
First Place: One winner will receive an Ostrich Cot beach chair, like the one used in the studio, from Ostrich Products Company (accessories not included), 5 ea. 11” x 14” Poster Prints selected from the Art By Survivors’ Gallery at artforarachnoiditis.org, and online publication of your essay w/your byline at: sheilalynnkart.com pages and the Creative Wellness Works Essay listing at artforarachnoiditis.org.
The Art By Survivors Collections includes:
- Celestial Transformation ~ Sarah Elizabeth Hirschle
- Honesty & Hope (a.k.a.No Pain, No Gain) ~ Sheila L. Kalkbrenner
- Looking Thru Rose Colored Glasses ~ Wende Starr
- Laugh Garden ~ Sheila L. Kalkbrenner
- Purple Passion ~ Sarah Elizabeth Hirschle
Second Place: One winner will receive a Twelve Pack of original Fine Art Notecards (5.5” x 4.25”) w/Envelopes featuring original artwork from SheilaLynnK Art studio and online publication of your essay w/your byline at: sheilalynnkart.com pages and the Creative Wellness Works Essay listing at artforarachnoiditis.org.
Keeping the arts accessible to all members of our rural community; this contest is a fundraiser to support the Art For Arachnoiditis Project and other Creative Wellness Projects at SheilaLynnK Art Studio, sheilalynnkart.com.
Fundraiser entries are NOT tax-deductible.
If you are not interested in entering this contest but, would still like to support the Art For Arachnoiditis Project; it’s tax deductible when you contribute via my fiscal sponsor, online at NYFA [The New York Foundation For the Arts] or by check made payable to The New York Foundation for the Arts, MEMO: The Art For Arachnoiditis Project;