24/05/2020 - 0.9
- Dungeon Designers and Architects can now automatically generate Line of Sight Definitions for Fantasy Grounds Unity [video].
- When downloading Foundry scene files of a large map at 50px per tile resolution, the walls were slightly displaced the further from the center they were.
02/05/2020 - 0.8.14
- Rooms 62, 63, 64, 65, 66.
16/03/2020 - 0.8.13
- Since COVID-19 has most of us in quarantine, I've unlocked all patrons-only features for everyone until the end of April: High-res downloads (140px) and Automatic Dynamic Lighting for all generated dungeons. Enjoy, and stay safe!
11/03/2020 - 0.8.12
- Fixed a bug where upon upgrading an account from Dungeon Designer to Dungeon Architect, it could sometimes take a few days to reflect the changes on the website.
29/02/2020 - 0.8.11
- Rooms 58, 59, 60, 61
14/01/2020 - 0.8.10
- Rooms 55, 56 ,57
07/01/2020 - 0.8.9
- On a Foundry VTT scene file, under very specific circumstances walls segments would connect to a node they shouldn't be able to reach.
25/12/2019 - 0.8.8
- Images now contain additional information next to the logo at the bottom-right corner: the width and height in tiles and pixels, and the tile size as well. Those are the most commonly needed pieces of information to configure a scene or map on any platform.
24/12/2019 - 0.8.7
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a dungeon with a large number of special rooms would fail to build.
23/12/2019 - 0.8.6
- 1 new Junction piece.
- 1 new Room.
- 2 new Secret Rooms (walled-off), accessible through the "Special Rooms" option.
17/12/2019 - 0.8.5
- Fixed a bug on the Foundry scene file that would cause Walls to create duplicates every time you wanted to move them.
17/12/2019 - 0.8.4
- Drastically improved wall performance for Foundry VTT. In some instances there will be a few extra nodes, but walls will look nearly hand-made on each map.
10/12/2019 - 0.8.3
- Foundry VTT Walls. A json file can be generated containing all the required scene information, including background image size, tile size, and walls for the entire dungeon.
12/11/2019 - 0.8.2
- 3 new types of junction. (Rooms 48, 49, 50)
25/10/2019 - 0.8.1
- A bug would cause Mini dungeons to usually spawn a single room.
25/10/2019 - 0.8.0
- Frequently Asked Questions page. Among other things, it contains useful information on how to use the generator. It will soon be updated again with a video on dynamic lighting usage.
- An entry point to the dungeon will now be automatically added by default. It will usually be a corridor and sometimes a staircase instead. An orange glow will mark the spot to easily locate it.
- The multi-level option will now attempt to add two separate staircases, one leading up and one leading down. This should make it easier to create layered multi-level dungeons.
- The algorithm has been improved to create fewer empty corridors. It is especially noticeable in smaller dungeons.
- Dynamic Lighting is now open to the public for testing. Please keep in mind this feature is still being tested and is resource intensive. It will likely become a patron perk if it puts too much stress on the servers.
13/10/2019 - 0.7.3
- New theme Mask for Image Editors has been added to the generator. This simple looking theme will make adding your own floor and wall textures a breeze; It's been created to easily select each section to use as a mask in editing software such as Photoshop.
- Patrons can now test an early version of automatic dynamic lighting for Roll20. A Roll20 Pro account is required, as it makes use of the Walls API Script, available through their API one-click install.
05/10/2019 - 0.7.2
- Mobile devices with small screens will now automatically scroll up towards the generated image.
04/10/2019 - 0.7.1
- New theme Virtual World has been added to the generator. A Tron-inspired theme for sci-fi RPGs.
- Discord users can use the virtual keyword for the new theme: !dungen map virtual
16/09/2019 - 0.7.0
- New theme Black & White has been added to the generator. A classic take with a hand-drawn feel.
- New feature Special rooms has been added to the generator in its beta/testing phase. In the future this option will enable several trap rooms and other environmental hazards. Currently there are only 2 available.
- Rooms 46 & 47 have been added.
30/07/2019 - 0.6.0
- Updated the free doorway images that can be downloaded from the top of the generator page. There are now size options (30, 50, 70px) and the new Stylized Gray theme is available.
- New theme Stylized Gray has been added to the generator.
23/07/2019 - 0.5.2
- Updated the free doorway images that can be downloaded from the top of the generator page. There are now size options (30, 50, 70px) and both themes are available.
- Room 43 (Sketched by Dom)
- Room 44 (unique)
- Room 45 (unique)
28/06/2019 - 0.5.1
- Improvement in the generation algorithm.
20/06/2019 - 0.5
- Themes Engine: It will now be easier to add new tilesets. Second one available is the "Ice Temple".
Themes available: original, ice.
- !dungen map <size> <seed> <theme> (all optional)
- !dungen hq [size] [seed] <theme> (size and seed required, theme optional)
- !dungen map (defaults to original theme)
- !dungen map ice
- !dungen map small ice
- !dungen map medium 32034079 ice
- !dungen hq medium 32034079 ice
13/06/2019 - 0.4.5
- Added room 39 to the generator.
- Added room 42 to the generator.
07/06/2019 - 0.4.4
- Mockup quality now uses a 30px per tile resolution (was 28px).
- Added a new 50px tile size that perfectly fits maps for Fantasy Grounds use, appropriately named "Fantasy G." in the dropdown.
05/06/2019 - 0.4.3
- Made improvements on the layout generation algorithm.
02/06/2019 - 0.4.2
- Added support for multi-level dungeons. This check will create a large staircase going up or down to link another level in the dungeon.
01/06/2019 - 0.4.1
- Some rooms are now "unique" and can only appear once in each map.
28/05/2019 - 0.4
- Created new database of tiles and changed the way maps are generated to sync website and discord bot.
Began testing web-version of DunGen with patrons.
28/04/2019 - 0.3.1
- Added Room 7 to the generator; seeds will now generate new dungeons.
29/03/2019 - 0.3
- Room colorizing has been added. Currently it has been enabled only in tiny and small dungeons.
The colors you can use with their names are: gray, red, green, blue, cyan and yellow. Otherwise you can use the following website and move the first slider http://hslpicker.com/. That will give you a number from 0 to 360 that is equivalent to a color.
- !dungen map [size] <seed> <color> (size required for this feature since only tiny and small dungeons can be colorized, seed and color optional)
- !dungen hq [size] [seed] <color> (size and seed required, color optional)
- !dungen map tiny gray (generates a gray dungeon)
- !dungen map small 120 (generates a small map, in green  color)
- !dungen map small 654321 240 (generates a small map based on the seed 654321, in purple  color)
24/02/2019 - 0.2.1
- Added Room 26 to the generator; seeds will now generate new dungeons.
19/02/2019 - 0.2
- Initial release of <sizes>. These specify the maximum size a dungeon can achieve, though it could reach a dead end before reaching that size. You can use: tiny, small, medium, large, huge (or their initials)
- !dungen map <size> <seed> (size and seed optional)
- !dungen hq [size] [seed] (size and seed required)
- !dungen map (generates a fully random map)
- !dungen map tiny (generates a tiny map with a random seed)
- !dungen map s 654321 (generates a small map based on the seed 654321)
- !dungen hq small 654321 (generates the same map as the previous example, but in super high resolution)
- Some symbols in the seed would create URLs impossible to access. If used, now they'll generate a random map.
- Patreon wouldn't properly sync rewards if a user didn't have their Discord account already linked.
15/02/2019 - 0.1
DunGen Public Release