Before I start work on my own stories in full force, Phase I is all about finding my finding and improving my own style. I'll be producing as many studies as I can and clean them up to a "final sketch" in Adobe Illustrator (my favorite software ever...) to share with you.
Here's what I did here:
1. Spent 20 minutes sketching various poses from a warner Bros. Model sheet.
2. Without overthinking, I sketched my own original pose of Witch Hazel.
3. After scanning it, I placed into Adobe Illustrator and cleaned it up as line art.
4. I googled a still from the original cartoon to pull out the color palette.
5. I adjusted a few brushes to give the line art some varied weight.
6. After getting the line work the way I wanted, just added color and voila!
I hope you will enjoy these. More to follow soon!