Content Summary for April 2020
The pdfs collating the content below are on this post for $5 and above Patreons.
Twitter Summary for April 2020
This summary is pulled from reports generated by Chatterscan.com (A free Twitter Client)
I was promoting:
- A Future of Testing webinar with Joe Colantonio @joecolantonio and Adil Mohammed @adilmd from Virtuoso, sign up for free to watch a replay of the event https://t.co/kXyGnz0ZcU -
- Patreons already have access to the live recording of my talk, and the exercises.
- I will be adding the talk and at least an hour of extras to Evil Tester Talksthis month
- I will present an online tutorial at Eurostar in November. You can find information about the programme here https://t.co/sO4XTe3Xeu #SoftwareTesting https://t.co/zCh3e5hqrD -
Things that caught my eye:
- RT @testingcurator: Check out "#Testing Bits - April 12th - April 18th, 2020" https://t.co/leTyZhomnB (47 posts!) featuring bloggers -
- RT @HypnInfoSec: New blog post: "Hacking Unity Games (PART 2) - Manipulating game state with Frida" -
- RT @kdnuggets: Mathematics for #MachineLearning: The Free eBook - KDnuggets https://t.co/jrOnwRta66 https://t.co/BWB94wcdOy -
- list of online test courses, very useful. -
- This was a fun challenge. I used the approaches I describe in my Test Automation U course to automate it -
- The Cybernetics of Respect for People: “Act always so as to increase the number of choices.” “Respect for people/Humanity” from @harish_josev blog -
- RT @testingcurator: Check out "#Testing Bits - March 29th - April 4th, 2020" (63 posts!) featuring bloggers -
- Some curated bug bounty automation links from @PentesterLand -
- RT @psiinon: I must admit I am puzzled by this whole "@zaproxy OR @Burp_Suite" thing. If you are a pro pentester then you should know the s…
- RT @MariiaHutsuk: @11vlr , thanks for this opportunity for new voices like mine to share the thoughts in one #80SoftwareTesters book
- I do try the Intigriti challenges, but I haven't succeeded yet. The solutions help me understand how far I got into the solution, and educate me for the next time. https://t.co/VytZcuDm33
- RT @saucelabs: Get excited about #SauceCon Online! We've got a great lineup of experts speaking, such as @jennydoesthings @eviltester @tech…
- Plenty of posts and videos here to deconstruct and potentially identify new opportunities for your own test approach. https://t.co/06iiQdiUGW
- RT @ministryoftest: We've picked out the top Automation talks from all of our #TestBash conferences.
- I've just added a watch on this repo and starred it, so I can stay up to date with changes https://t.co/OQ1KFNnAvF
- RT @nalanpog: Concise, worthwhile read on the differences between #exploratory (hypothesis seeking) and #confirmatory (hypothesis testing)…
Blog Posts For April 2020
- March 2020 EvilTester.com and Patreon Content Summary
- Content created and collated for EvilTester.com, Patreon and Social for March 2020
- How to assess coverage of automation?
- Coverage requires some sort of model. We can organise code to support review against a mental model, and some models are executable. Other models we compare against the output of execution.
- The Evil Tester On-demand Online Conference
- I have a collection of on-demand conference talks and webinars available for only $10
- Episode 012 - How to Present an Online Talk - The Evil Tester Show
- In this podcast we share tips on how to present online.
- Tips for Presenting Online
- Tips for Presenting Online at online conferences and webinars
Patreon Posts For April 2020
- Future of Testing Exercises
- Exercises from the extras of the Future of Testing Webinar.
- 4 ways of treating problems - illustrated by dependency example
- I hit an interesting set of dependency issues today. And I can see I was only on the 2nd rung of Ackoffs problem treatment hierarchy.
- Questions from Future of Testing Webinar
- Apparently there were more questions than we had time to answer on the Webinar. These are my basic answers for the initial set of questions.
- Future of Testing Webinar Recording
- Local recording of my future of testing webinar presentation.
- Behind the scenes - Future of Testing Webinar
- A short behind the scenes look at how I created the presentation for the 'Future of Testing' webinar
- The Core of Testing
- The core of testing means that there will always be a role for testers.
- Unit Tests Allow Confident Action
- One of the useful things about unit testing is that it gradually helps move your project from tactical to more strategic.
- Automated Dependency Upgrade Risks
- Some notes on dependency management risk that bit my site.
- Podcast transcript Presenting Online Tips
- podcast episcoe transcript for presenting online tips
- Next Podcast - How To Present At An Online Conference
- The adfree early access version of the video of my podcast.
- Hunting Machiavelli Quotes
- Some quotes on predicting, and advocating for, the future.
- Chris Voss - Negotiation Interview Video
- A recommended video interview with Chris Voss
- Defect Writing Exercise: Cause, Effect, Impact, Solution
- Based on the earlier exercise, does taking a different focus on defects change how they are written and raised?
- Integriti Easter Security Testing Challenge
- Integriti latest security testing challenge provided some insights into noise vs data vs information. And 'when do we stop?'
- Moral Dilemmas in Testing Live Sites
- Effect of automating a live site, finding a minor data leak.
- Standard For Software Component Testing
- The draft BCS Standard For Software Component Testing links
- A Testing Exercise - Dynamic Buttons
- A testing exercise using one of the pages at testpages.herokuapp.com
- Form Follows Function - Technical Web Testing
- My form of testing may be limited by the functionality open to me, I need to keep understanding the technology and tooling capabilities.
- Automating Connection Requests
- I implemented some tactical automation to support processing inbound connection requests.
- How to train yourself - exercises
- Reading, watching, making notes... all of that is important for learning. But exercises are where it really kicks in.
- How to assess Test Automation Coverage
- This is a video I will release to YouTube. I'm uploading it here ad-free and with the addition of a transcript.
- Language phrases describing automating
- I recommend taking steps to isolate yourself from the power of the phrase 'Test Automation' as it frees up your mind.
- Content Summary for March 2020
- Content Summary for March 2020
- March 2020 Collated PDFs
- March 2020 Collated PDFs - all blog and patreon content collated into pdfs
- Automation Exercise - Admin Login Pages
- I created a page to experiment with infrastructure abstractions.
Become a patron to
Unlock 923 exclusive posts
Be part of the community
Connect via private message