THIS DRAWING HAS CLOSED!
We have One Bunk Available for this trip!
Please respond by Feb 17th.
Ahoy Delos Tribe! If you see this message it means you’re the cream of the crop, the very inner circle of our Tribe, and we are keen to have you join us for a sail on SV Delos :)
We will be sailing from St. Martin to the BVI's the week of March 18th, 2019, and there are airports in both places with decent connections! It will be about 120 NM of open ocean sailing including a stop in Anguilla on the way.
Here are the details regarding the dates and locations:
1) March 16th, 2019- You will fly to St. Martin, (airport code SMX). You will need to find accommodation for this night (MARCH 16TH 2019).
2) March 17th, 2019 - We'll meet up, add you to the crew list and get you settled onboard. Room and board on SV Delos!
3) March 18th, 2019- We'll set sail for the island of Anguilla and anchor overnight. This is about a 30 NM day sail. Room and board on SV Delos.
4) March 19th, 2019- We'll explore the island on Anguilla. Time for some snorkeling and diving :) . Room and board on SV Delos!
5) March 20th, 2019- We will depart Anguilla and set sail for the BVI's. It's about a 90 mile sail, and should be downwind! Room and board on SV Delos.
6) March 21st, 2019 - We arrive into Road Town, BVI's and get checked into the country. You will need to find accommodation for this night (MARCH 21st 2019)
7) March 22nd, 2019 - You can fly out or take a few extra days to enjoy the island :) There is a small airport on Tortola (code EIS) or you can take the ferry to St. Thomas and fly from there (code STT). There are better and cheaper connections from STT I believe.
You don’t even need to quit your job or take a month off to join us :) It's just a few days.
If this sounds interesting all you need to do is comment below with “I wanna sail to the BVI's !!!!” by Feb 17th, 2019. If more than one person is interested we will do a random drawing with those that show interest. We will notify the winner no later than Feb. 19th 2019.
- What do I do to enter? Just comment below with “I Wanna Sail to the BVI's !!!!”
- Can I bring a friend/partner/spouse/child? For this trip we only have one bunk available.
- When is the cutoff for saying I’m in? You must respond by Feb. 17th, 2019
- When will you announce the winner? We will announce the winner by Feb 19th, 2019
- When would be the latest day I could arrive in St. Martin? March 16th, 2019
- Can I arrive in St. Martin earlier? Yes of course, but you would need to find your own accommodation until you join Delos as crew on March 17th.
- Can I stay in the BVI's later? Yes, of course, but you would need to provide your own accommodation after we sign you off as crew on March 21st.
- Is there any cost for this? Nope. This is a patron benefit. All you have to do is cover your travel to and from Delos and accommodation when you are not on Delos. We will cover the rest, including beer and moonshine. He He :)
- Will I need a visa to travel to St. Martin, Anguilla, and the BVI's? Depends on where you are from but both countries are easy to get into. If in doubt do some research.
- Will I need a valid passport? YES absolutely, with an expiration date of at least 6 months past March 21st 2019.
- Do I need sailing experience? Nope. Just the right attitude and a smile!
- Is this a charter or crew experience? CREW! You will do watches, cook, clean, and get the full Delos crew experience
- Who is currently sailing on Delos? Capt. Breeyawn, Kazza, Mr. Brady, and Alex Blue
- Why am I seeing this post? Because you are one of our beloved Pirates, Black Beards, or Grey Beards!
- Is there an age limit? You must be 18 or older, or accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Will it be physically demanding? Not really, but you should be able to climb into and out of the dinghy and move about on the boat without too much trouble. This is ocean sailing!
We're sure you may have other questions. Please put a comment below and and we'll answer as best as we can.
Fair Winds, peace, and love
Capt. Breeyawn, Kazza, Sr. Brady, and Alex Blue