Next week, I'm going to take a first swing at growing some crops, improving interaction clarity, and maybe storing information between sessions.
1. Move items around in graphic inventory
- Make “Inventory Stack” object.
- Populate grid with inventory stacks.
- Make “Selection”, “Pick Up”, and “Drop” interactions.
- Preserve Inventory placement between scenes.
2. Equip Items
- Let player Equip to D-Pad slots in Inventory.
- Swap items using d-pad.
- Make D-pad slots unique.
- Unequips duplicates.
3. Create Time Interface
- Create graphical elements for rotating Day/Night indicator.
- Create nameable days and times of day.
- Track hours minutes and seconds and update them only when time is moving.
4. Real-time Equipment Use
- Use input to change equipped slot.
- Create default gun
- Gun equipped makes action button Shoot.
- Eggplant equipped consumes eggplant.
- On load new inventory slot ui, include the equipped slot symbol.
- Pausing blocks in-game inputs.
- Move shoot to left trigger.