Doing! Things! All over the place!

[Image: Action bingo from the toolkit (see the Ending Police Brutality Toolkit  for all the action items)

--

Hi friends!

Welp, everything is behind, sorry about that. I'm going to definitely post a recap of the stuff we did in May, but maybe as a combo May+June thing at the end of this month because I ran out of all out of the adrenaline I've been burning on since the way before pandemic started and my brain has been like WHAT. WHAT? WHAT! for over a week now.

It's like living with  fire alarm inside my head, but instead of 'woo woo woo' sounds it's 'YOU NEED TO FIX THIS AND ALSO THIS AND ALSO THIS DON'T FORGET THIS TOO. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS THING HERE RIGHT NOW EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE!'

Obsessive compulsive disorder! Let's laugh about it, because there IS NO WAY OUT EVER.

Between the white ladies hunting down my personal contact info to talk about how I hurt their feelings, to the several emails each day from the kids' school (#MomFail) to the 'you're not allowed to curl up into a ball during a meltdown down right now because other folks have it WORSE',  to the "I can't find X on your website because you didn't try hard enough to organize it you suck" - I Can't Do. No more Doing. I need just a couple hours of Not Doing. So this fell through the cracks and I'm Not Doing The Recap so I can catch up on the other stuff people are asking me to do.

We are having a bit of a flood of new folks in the BFL group. Which is great! But also means growing pains while we catch up a new couple thousand folks on the basics. 

Fumes! And Guilt! Running on Guilt Fumes (TM)! 8 hours of responding to emails, messages, and all manner of creative ways people have hunted down my private info to ask for things today and around hour 4 I just developed a weird slow leak of Do and now it's all gone.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you've had your hands full too - so here's a link to the Ending Police Brutality Toolkit we created last week, just as a reminder of how great it is and a gentle nudge to share it with your friends who are like "Oh no it's just  few bad apples."

I'm not even going to tell you to click on it right now. Because if you're like me, and someone told me to click on One More Thing I think you would maybe just go freeze with a broken brain and shatter into a thousand pieces. But it's there for you to share or throw at people who say anything other than "Will start doing that right now!" when you say "Stop  Killing Black People."

Or if you haven't actually done anything - then go ahead and get started. Haha j/k I know you, my people here - Put down the signs and the advocacy letters and the picture books for a few hours. GO NAP. SAVE YOURSELVES.

I'll be back next week with - oh my gosh I can't even keep track anymore. Shenanigans of some kind, probably. One of the things from my 80-point To-Do-This-Week (I wish this was hyperbole but it is not.)

(Please don't comment/message with comforting stuff because that's more messages to respond to - and I can't! But rest assured I adore you all, keep up the good work! Or better yet, take a nap if you have kids who let you so I can live vicariously through you.)

BUT. HERE is what is getting me through right now.

> Now many folks who used to judge folks like me for being  crappy mom know what it's like to work full time with sensory-seeking children on a budget and zero childcare on top of whatever disabilities and challenges that people tell us to 'buck up and get over.'  ::Cackles vindictively:: AHaHAHHAHHA. But no seriously this is hard - I am so sorry I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I'm glad they get to leave me behind when the pandemic is over one day.

> I just spent like 20 minutes frozen trying to re-read this because I never dared to hope anything we worked for could ever truly work but: Minneapolis City Council members intend to defund and dismantle the city's police department.

> The DC District Court blocked an attempt to destroy the Wampanoag tribe. (Set aside another 20 minutes for overwhelmed tears of relief).

> Our local Mayor (who is generally awesome so this is not a surprise) and superintendent (who is...not) explicitly said the words "Black Lives Matter" in actual emails with their names on it WHAT.

> My MOM asked me if I have resources to help her collect other white people and acknowledged what I do as something that...matters. For anyone who doesn't know my family, THIS IS A BIG DEAL.

> Thousands of folks are taking bystander intervention training to intervene against anti-Asian violence. Which means acknowledging that anti-Asian racism even exists. WHAT.

> I found my lost earmuffs. Which cuts some of the screaming sounds of my child scream-singing the soundtrack from Frozen II on a loop. For hours. Sweet semi-muffled relief.

> Did I mention this? A while back they FINALLY enacted a ban on torture devices against disabled folks that we've been screaming about for so many years. Yaaaay.

You know who else shares reassuring stuff?  Small Victories. They are great at showing that all this Do DOES matter and eventually make an impact.

With love,
- A hastily taped together pile of exhausted human fragments previously known as your buddy Ashia

By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to 60 exclusive posts
18
Images
29
Links
7
Polls
10
Writings
4
Videos
By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to 60 exclusive posts
18
Images
29
Links
7
Polls
10
Writings
4
Videos