Welcome to the show drinkers and thank you for drinking along with us for episode 73. Before we get down with this podcast sickness, I want to remind our listeners to take a moment to seek us out on your favorite social media platforms and hit that follow button. That assumes that your favorite social media platform is Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, if not….what should we tell them John? You probably shouldn't be listening to our show….now that we’ve completed that purge, let’s find out who we’re drinking with tonight.
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog, and will have a new baby in his house any minute now… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking Castello di Amorosa 2012 Sangiovese
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery, who is currently re-tiling his kitchen floor. His wife isn’t so happy with the design of the tile he chose... Rep-Tile! John Ruyak. John is drinking AGB Howler IPA
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and your host for these festivities… And I am a bandwagon Sharks fan. Tonight I am drinking Buena Vista 2013 Chardonnay
Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories. (10 minutes)
- Solomon - New Wine Theme Park in Bordeaux… http://www.decanter.com/wine-news/francois-hollande-opens-bordeaux-wine-theme-park-305552/
- Eckles - Holy crap is everyone drunk and in Wisconsin? http://247wallst.com/special-report/2016/05/14/the-drunkest-and-driest-cities-in-america/
Ask The Panel
Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG.
- Terri from Utah asks - Father’s day is coming up and we’re getting the whole family together for a bbq. The kids are all “of age” now (28, 26, 22) and I want to know what kinds of beer and wine I should serve. My husband like stouts, I like any red wines, and the boys are always talking about craft beer.
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John - Taking a trip to view a bigger brewing system during my next trip back
- Eckles - Vinebox Giveaway reminder
Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Solomon - We have a lot of fun on this show, but we keep ourselves busy outside of the show as well. Don’t miss any of our information or updates by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Eckles - Look, we know you’ve got an opinion on the show. Most likely you’ve said, or maybe yelled something at us while you listened to this show alone. We really need your help with the iTunes review. We’d love a written review and a rating, but if you don’t have time for that a rating alone would be a huge help.
- Ruyak - And then there are our financial supporters. The folks that keep the lights on and help keep the show going, our Patrons. It’s really simple, if you receive any kind of value from our show and want to help us out in kind visit WeLikeDrinking.com/pledge. There are several pledge levels you can get in on, starting at $1 an episode.
- Eckles - Now to encourage you to take at least one of these actions it’s time for another round of…. Wait, who subscribed? Where I take a quote from someone fictional or non-fictional, and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
Our panel of characters likes social media. In case our listeners want to find their favorite panel members online where can the find you guys...
Solomon - Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. I’m on Untappd as KingOfAllWineMedia. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
John - Follow me as Brewhack on Untappd, ABQWINENEWB on Vivino and check out the Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook
Eckles - You can find me on Twitter, Vivino and Untappd, all at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.