THE STORY BEGINS: Last year, I befriended local artists from El Taller Colectiva, a local art hub in Cuba which hosts community events and provides free art classes for Habanero kids and young adults. I witnessed amazing work from these artists: Miguel, Yomer, and Yoanny. During my time with them, I remember wanting to paint. However, when asking where I could buy paint, they laughed and explained how paint can’t be purchased in Habana.
WHAT? Apparently, acrylic + watercolor paints, as well as other art supplies are unavailable for purchase to the general public. Instead of purchasing supplies, El Taller Colectiva kindly shared their limited supplies, and I promised that if I came back to Cuba, I would try my best to hook them up with art supplies and media.
FAST FORWARD TO NOW: I’m going to Cuba in March! I’ll be hosting a series of free photography classes at El Taller Colectiva!! My aim is getting children abroad active in art, specifically photography.
A few weeks ago I published the mini campaign for them and began collecting art related donations from friends and close ones. So far I’ve received a couple USBs, coloring books, crayons, color pencils, unused makeup, a D90 camera, and a Nikon point and shoot.
Becoming a Patreon will allow you to check out our campaign progress.
Check out our donation flyer below and hit me up via email if you want to donate any items: [email protected]
Follow the adventures via instagram:
@ Eatme.land (Eatme account)
@ coconoots (personal account)
Shout out to our members! Thank you for making this opportunity possible!
- Gabs OUT <3
Pledge $0 or more per month
Pledge $0.01 or more per month
ACCESS TO OUR PATREON-ONLY FEED
- Access to patron-only content
- Early content releases
- Access to the EatMe Book Club
- Includes three of the following items: stickers, pipes, socks, art, zines. You'll get to try all types of products, and we'll include information on why they're great and how to use them.
- ++PLUS complete access to all of our virtual courses and virtual events
- INTERVIEW about your product featured on #Weedtalk and/or other several platforms.
- STRATEGIC ALLIANCES, EatMe has built a global community of the most influential industry thinkers, curious creatives and cultural connectors. We help brands find the right individuals to work with on campaigns and projects. Get connected and start building.
- WEBSITE curated for your product/services/resume.
- MARKET RESEARCH: The latest consumer changes, with expert analysis, data and real-world examples.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
We can help you build your brand and presence with