Also discussed: why Tomb Raider marks the death of the linear shooter, which game weapons we'd want in other games, why automatic resolution settings are rubbish, the best tournament games, and cauliflower cheese.
- Summer Games Done Quick has begun! Watch people speedrun games for charity - in this case, Doctors Without Borders.
- Mafia 3 was announced! Do we care? It's being developed by new studio Hangar 13 Games, founded by Haden Blackman of former LucasArts glory.
- Endless Legend was one of the best games of 2014. Tom returned to it recently and, as a happy coincidence, Endless Space 2 was announced yesterday with a CG trailer. It looks like it might be a sequel to both of developer Amplitude's previous 4X games.
- The Swindle is out now. Tom wasn't taken with it, but the reviews have otherwise been quite positive.
- Feist is out now. It's a Limbo-ish platformer with just as much physics but more action than puzzle.
- Cradle is out now. It's a first-person, scifi adventure game set on the steppe and Marsh is intrigued.
- Rise of Nations is out now, and indeed has been out for some time. It has many fine qualities - being an RTS set across the span of human history and designed by the creator of Age of Empires - and one of them is its F keys.
- B.U.T.T.O.N. stands for Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally OK Now. It's a good game if you like injuries.
- C A U L I F L O W E R.
- Why are wrestling games usually guff now? Why is there so little information out there about WWE 2K16? Why is old man Schwarzenegger in it?
Thanks to everyone who has pledged to our Patreon so far. We've been overwhelmed by your support. We're talking to audio experts now about how we can best use the money when it arrives to improve the audio quality of the podcast, and then we'll take it from there.
If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at
[email protected]. You can also leave questions for us on
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals: