141 - Reason to Go to the Devil
Podcast: Play in new window | Download In which we ring in the new year with Cable's on-page debut; it's really the '90s now; we enter the third major era of New Mutants; what Liefeld lacks in craft he makes up for in energy; we pitch a new "What if-"
Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men
Episode 141 - Reason to Go to the Devil
In which we ring in the new year with Cable’s on-page debut; it’s really the ’90s now; we enter the third major era of New Mutants; what Liefeld lacks in craft he makes up for in energy; we pitch a new “What if–” line; Rusty and Skids are terrible superheroes; X-Factor has probably given up on a lot of things; we speculate at gratuitous length on the content of Cable’s pouches; you have reason to go to the devil; and Cable makes a lot more sense when you realize he’s of, by, and for teenagers.
- How the Legacy Virus got loose
- New Mutants #86-89
- Cable’s on-page debut
- Rob Liefeld
- The third major era of New Mutants
- A shift in the balance of power
- A comics shop to probably avoid if you time-travel back to the mid 1990s
- The stupid adventures of Rusty & Skids
- Yet another Acts of Vengeance tie-in
- An accidental prison break
- Cops, or maybe protestors
- The Mutant Liberation Front
- A goody two-shoes man-stealing redheaded werewolf
- Stryfe’s armor
- Spooning with Cable
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor kicks it Silver Age.