Episode 27: Fighting For Her Life and For Motherhood With Emily Sandusky
Emily had leukemia four(!) times after first being diagnosed when she was 5 years old. She had an amazing journey of becoming a mother.
Listen as Emily talks about:
- Balancing her chemo treatments, school and soccer when she was younger.
- The last time she was diagnosed at 19 (as a freshmen in college) and how she finished college while doing chemo for 2 years.
- How she managed to get through being diagnosed and relapsing with leukemia 3 times, all while keeping up her spirits.
- How she met her husband and how the discussion of a future family went.
- The search for a gestational surrogate and an egg donor.
- The 3 transfers it took to finally get their identical twin boys.
- Her connection she felt to the babies during the pregnancy even though she didn’t carry them.
- Being on a cruise in the middle of the ocean when their surrogate went into labor — find out if they made it to the birth!
- What her relationship with her surrogate is like now.
Want to share your story or ask a question? Call and leave us a message on our hotline: 303-997-1903.