Listen as Kim discusses the details of a scary and horrifying case involving corrupt attorneys, a California “agency,” duped women “surrogates” in several states…oh, and the FBI:
- Rematching in surrogacy — but when the “surrogate” is already pregnant (say, what?!).
- Sending women off to the Ukraine to a fertility clinic to get pregnant but with whose genes? No one knows.
- The vague surrogacy laws at that time in CA and NV that made it difficult to prove what they were doing was illegal (even though it was clearly unethical).
- An attorney administering medication…yes, an attorney (who was not, by the way, also a doctor).
- A minimum of 13 known women who came back from the Ukraine and were essentially tricked into have the baby they were carrying sold to the highest bidder.
- FBI, wiretapping and some really awesome spy stuff.
- The charges - illegal administering of medication, illegal “surrogacy,” trafficking women out of the country and selling babies.
- Plus, Kim’s tips on finding a GOOD, reputable surrogacy agency.
Want to share your story or ask a question? Call and leave us a message on our hotline: 303-997-1903.
Learn more about our podcast: iwanttoputababyinyou.com
Learn more about our surrogacy agencies: brightfuturesfamilies.com
Learn more about Ellen’s law firm: trachmanlawcenter.com
Learn more about Surratt Law Practice: LawyersForFamilies.com