Episode 37: The Ultimate Village: Four Moms and a Dad — Hannah Sawitsky Ristorcelli
Hannah has two loving moms and shares her unique story of conception, upbringing and what makes a family.
Listen as Hannah chats about:
- Her unique conception and unconventional family structure.
- Her moms meeting her dad the first time she did (take that in for a minute).
- What happened when the realities of being a sperm donor set in with her donor—there is a real human on the other end!
- How her sperm donor became a very involved part of her life.
- Growing up as donor conceived in an unconventional family and trying to explain it to kids she grew up with — and moving from hiding it to embracing it.
- Dealing with the perils of separated parents …oh and dealing with it while you are in middle school (good times).
- The awesomeness of the donor sibling registry.
- Reaching out to same sex couples on how to help them navigate the experience she went through with their kids.
Want to share your story or ask a question? Call and leave us a message on our hotline: 303-997-1903.