Warning: There's a bit of Freudian analysis in here, which is almost deserving of a warning in itself. But, more importantly, there's some discussion of genitalia with regard to some of the imagery of this season—this episode may not be the best to listen to with children unless you want weird questions about what penis envy and castration anxiety are.
Mistakes: Missy definitely meant that it was Usagi who was less jealous in the Sailor Moon R movie, but oh well.
What Missy's Been Up To:
Upside Down: Inverted Tropes in Storytelling, edited by Jay M Gates and Monica Valentineli
Cats I've Known by Katie Haegele
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
What Merri's Been Up To:
Star Wars Rebels
Some Links You Might Find Interesting:
Pledge $0 or more per episode.
Pledge $0.01 or more per episode.
- Your name on our website and a link to your personal project, Twitter handle, Tumblr page, et cetera
- A personal thank you from us on our next episode when you subscribe
- Access to a special subscriber-only feed, in which we'll do special episodes and other extra goodies
- The opportunity to pitch us a topic! Want to see us cover a certain piece of media or a particular topic? Let us know, and we'll add it as a priority to our list of future episodes if we like it!
- A monthly postcard with a personal message of thanks from the two of us. Maybe even a bad drawing. Who knows?
- Access to a members-only livestream of the podcast. Yep, we'll livestream our numerous mistakes, pauses to look up information, and gratuitous cat noises. Participate live in the conversation!
- Unedited episode downloads. We don't know why you'd want this. We're a mess. But you can have a record of all the silly stuff that comes out of our mouths when we don't have Audacity to save us.
- We have to do an episode on your media. It's like pitching, but we'll do an entire episode on your topic. It may be a mini-episode, depending on how much we have to say on the topic. We reserve the right to refuse if you pitch us something totally objectionable (no snuff films, folks), but chances are we'll do it. One complete episode per month or multiple mini-episodes.
- You must be subscribed at this level for at least two episodes to receive this reward. Feel free to downgrade your subscription after receiving if you only have one topic you want to pitch us, or keep it up if you want us reporting on every bit of media you consume.
- One (or more, depending on what it is) free piece of merchandise costing under $30 from Redbubble
- One extra entry in any giveaway we do
- An executive producer credit in every episode
- Two additional entries into any of our giveaways
- We'll have you on as a guest host for a topic of your choice! Same considerations as above: we reserve the right to refuse, but, provided you use common sense, there's very little chance we'll say no
- One annual handwritten essay on a topic of your choice from either (or both) of us
- A personalized photo of one or more of our pets
- An annual holiday card