Hey everyone! I was watching the Eurovision song contest when I suddenly realized I didn't post this video yet! I filmed about 15 minutes of me working on this commissioned portrait of Dana the English Cocker spaniel. Here you can see me building up some of her curly fur on the ear and the neck. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Canson 1557 paper, 180 grams
Faber Castell polychromos(cool light grey, burnt sienna, walnut brown, mortuum violet, dark indigo, black)
Caran D'ache luminance(white, for blending/burnishing)
I build up colored pencil drawings in many layers. First I start marking in the shadows with brown or black, very lightly. Then I put in a base layer of grey or brown. I go over and over, making the area darker everytime but leaving some hair strokes lighter to give the effect of individual hairs within the curl. Then I burnish the pencil into the paper with white or light grey. Then to bring back the saturation again I go over once or twice with black, indigo or brown. I have tried to use as many colours as possible to create a lively portrait.
Pledge $0 or more per month
Pledge $0.01 or more per month
The Tough Tiger
- Behind the scenes photos of my current works in progress
- written product reviews
- 1 royalty free reference photo every month to use for your artwork.
The Running Rabbit
Access to the 2 dollar pledge, plus...
- 1 new real time narrated tutorial every 2 weeks. These tutorials of around 1 hour long will contain tips and tricks regarding realistic pet and wildlife portraiture in colored pencil, graphite or pastels. For instance: How to draw a dog eye, how to draw black fur, how to layer etc.
- One high quality reference photo shot by me(Canon 1300D), plus line art. You are free to use this photo in your artwork and to sell the art you create from it.
The Prancing Pony
Access to the previous pledges plus...
An extra, extra long tutorial every month. This tutorial can be up to 10 hours long and will walk you through a whole portrait from start to finish in real time. The reference photo will also be provided. This way you can draw along with me!
Polls will be posted every month so I can choose the best suitable subjects!
The Digging dog
- Access to all previous pledges, plus.....
- 7 royalty free reference photos you can use for your artwork every month. You are free to sell the artwork created from them. No worries about copyrights! My Camera: Canon EOS 1300D,
- Line art files added with the photographs,
- Monthly public Q&A session exclusively for the $10 Patrons. You can ask me anything about your own work, art in general or the business aspect.
The Learning Leopard
I Love coaching, so I created this tier! As long as you're a subscriber to this tier you can have your work reviewed and critiqued every month. 2 times a month you can email me your questions and/or a finished piece. You'll get an honest and comprehensively written critique back.
You can email me if you're unsure how to progress with a certain piece or if you have another type of problem, and of course you can also send me your finished piece for a full review. I reply fast!
All subjects are welcome and I can critique the following mediums: Graphite, charcoal, pen, colored pencil, soft pastels/pastel pencils and digital art.
And of course you also get access to all previous rewards!