i updated some questions for the FAQ.
FAQ: V1.5 09/20
1. What do the version numbers mean?
At the moment, the steps are 0.01, but I might change that in the future.
2. Why is the public version the same as the Patreon version?
Because for now I see no reason to change this. Patrons get the game sooner than the public. But when I get more Patrons, we will discuss in the community whether to change this or not.
3. Do I need to start a new game after each update?
No, but sometimes it is recommended to start a new game because the game is in development, I will tell you when this is the case.
4. Are the implemented events finished?
No, it is possible that I add or change something in the future until the game has reached the final version.
5. Will there be cheats or saves?
No, see point 11 under "Game".
6. Will there be a walkthrough?
Not really but it gives a help for the first steps from SDevil (You can download it on Xagrimsgameforge.de, otherwise see point 11 under "Game".
7. When will the finished version of “The Promise“ be released?
I guess in the end of 2021 or early 2022. I don’t know for sure, since this is my first game but I started in 2017 with a RPGMaker version and in July 2018 with the Ren’Py version. But I will not have more than 5 years for the first project. It’s a learning process.
8. Can I use my old save from the previous game in the second/third part?
Yes it’s planned that your choices of the previous game have an influence on the next part.
9. What is the „Talk with developer day“, and how often will it be?
I think there will be 4 per year or more if it’s necessary. You can ask me questions about the game; give me feedback or other wishes for the game. And we can talk about anything.
10. You make a lot of „promises“, will they all come true or is this going to be one of those abandoned porn games one day?
I am aware of this effect, but I think this will be a great game and I can promise you I will never abandon this project or put it on hold to make another project.
11. You are not a native English speaker?
No, but an editor corrected my words. (Thanks to SDevil)
12. Are animations in the game?
I try to make animations for the unique scenes and I know that I have to rework some of them.
13. Someone says your models look ugly.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but the game is not finished. I try to make the models look more realistic and not just like porn fuck dolls. I try to make as many people happy as possible with different models.
14. But what’s with the wife?
It is story related. 😉
15. What can I do with all the characters in the game?
Because the plan is to make three parts of „The Promise“ (see Patreon Page for more), it varies. It is possible for some girl, that the "real action" starts first in the second part.
16. Does that mean I can get with Lisa?
You are probably talking about the Patreon rules about incest. The rules allow it if it is story related and fits in the setting of the game. In my game it is not the main goal to get with her. Feel free to ask me more about this.
1. When will I find my name in the credits?
After you reached the 40 $ Lifetime pledge.
2. What is a Faithful patron?
That means you are a longtime supporter (120 $ Lifetime pledge) of my work and then your name will be on the top of the credits depending on your pledges and you get access to my side projects.
3. When can I see preview images of new versions?
I have no exact timeline, because the rendering is different but I try to post one every week.
4. What are side projects?
Side projects are other ideas I have, from time to time I post some images or a playable version, but „The Promise“ is my priority. That means it will give no release dates or the like and it is possible you see nothing new for months of those other projects.
1. Why are condoms in the game?
For your wife the reason is in her mind/story. For the others it is in their personality, sometimes you can choose, sometimes you won’t.
2. What is the difference between an "MNPC", "INPC" and an "NPC" in your game“?
For better explanation please look here: Characters
3. Okay this means all INPCs and NPCs are fuck dolls?
Absolutely not, every character has its own personality, it is possible that you get never more from one as a HJ or something, but you will meet dirty sluts too of course.
4. Does that mean NTR is in the game (Perhaps when I am only into one girl)?
The question is what really is NTR? I don’t think it is, because the idea of this game is a livable environment and not a dead „only I can fuck everyone“. For example, of course it is possible your daughter will get into a relationship or another might have a boyfriend or husband. Some will cheat, others won’t. It’s a life simulation. But NTR has a clear definition: A stranger steals your loved one. And this will never happen.
5. That means sharing or swinging will not be possible?
It will because it isn’t NTR. Both will be possible but not fully in the first part, it will be only in fantasy or small kinky situations, it’s story related.
6. Do I have influence over anybody?
Yes, but not mind control or anything like that. You can influence others with your choices.
7. Is it possible that an NPC goes for an INPC?
Of course, if enough people want me to make it real.
8. Which fetishes are in the game?
For this please look at my Patreon page, there you find the current and the planned tags. I will try to find different things to give many people a good gaming experience
9. What is different between the side and the main story?
The main is your story about your family and a better life in Niveria. The side story has nothing to do with this and you don’t have to follow it if you don’t want to.
10. What is the Scene Checker?
At the moment it is still in Beta, but this is your small game guide. You will see which situations are possible in the game with small hints. And it is for the gamers who like achievements
11. The game has grind as a main factor, is the balance final?
Absolutely not. On the contrary, I’m glad about your feedback concerning the balance.