It's been a very long time since I posted an update here on Patreon, but I continue to do my best to be a good steward of HaxeFlixel Patreon donations. I take my role of treasurer seriously and want to provide transparency and accountability to all of you who contribute monthly to the success of this project.
On 3/23/2018 Lars Doucet (CEO of Level Up Labs and long time supporter of HaxeFlixel) proposed we use leftover funds from the IndieGoGo campaign (aprox. $1200) plus an additional $1200 matched by Level Up Labs to give Jens and Sasha (the core maintainers of the project) a $2400 bonus as an incentive to modernize HaxeFlixel. I thought this was a great idea, and at the time was holding aprox. $2500 of Patreon funds so I suggested we double the payout to $4800. Jens and Sasha have worked countless hours on HaxeFlixel through the years, and I can't think of anyone more deserving of Patreon funds.
This cleared out my holdings, but I'm not concerned since we have no fixed monthly expenses, and Patreon donations keep rolling in. Between 02/2016 and 04/2018 HaxeFlixel Patreon Funds were allocated as follows:
- $50 to PeyTy for claiming this bounty
- $150 to Tim Hely for sponsoring a game jam (09/2017)
- $150 to Mika Palmu for work improving FlashDevelop HaxeFlixel integration
- $350 to MsgHero for maintaining the blog and creating a new open source game demo
- $2730 to Jens Fischer (Gama11) for long term HaxeFlixel support
- $884.44 to Samuel Batista for US income taxes
As of 04/01/2018 HaxeFlixel has $40.31 available for developer funding.