Creators whose traits I will add to be read by the system (because they agreed): KiaraSims4, Chingyu, Kutto
Translations: French by Kimikosoma, German by HendrickMcSims, Russian by Origamika
July 20: updated for patch
May 27: Updated for new game patch
- Now offering different choices for the 'time decay' version. You can choose between impressions that last 10 days (original), 5 days or 3 days.
Like before, can also choose for impressions to not be reduced by time but only by contact and gaining other sentiments by downloading the 'No Time Decay' version.
- Efficiency improvement.
January 7th: toned down the frequency of the "crush nearby" moodlet.
Disclaimer: Note that this mod has a positive and a negative counterpart to everything! No trait can be judged only negatively. This is all in good fun and not meant to promote being judgemental or mean. In the Sims, mean Sims occasional rejoice about the demise of others, so I believe this fits in. But just as a disclaimer, know that I advocate only respect between everyone. Our differences enrich us, and what one person sees as annoying, another will love. This is on this concept of point of view VS hard truth that I built this mod - making impressions points of view and certainly not hard truths.
Find the FULL MOD DESCRIPTION on my Mod Description website. Post organized into collapsible section for easy reading and finding information. Much better than Patreon formatting!
Here's a preview of the sections discussed in the mod description post. A gallery of screenshots is also included of course.
MANY THANKS to Ashley, RavenAstra, ToriGamez and Mia16 at Discord. You know why.
Thanks to Frank for helping me spot a mistake that was driving me crazy and for his general awesomeness on the modder's forums.
This makes it so that the type of introduction used (Rude, Friendly, etc) impacts the possible first impressions made. A funny introduction has a good chance of causing a funny impression, and etc. Remove it if you don't want it!
This makes it so that conversing with Sims towards whom there exists a first impression, moodlets have a chance of being allocated (playful moodlet after talking to a Sim considered funny, etc). The moodlets don't happen each time of course - but in case you still find them too much, you can remove this file and won't get them anymore.
- DiminishAtSimilarSentimentAdd (NOT OPTIONAL ANYMORE):
This makes it so that impressions get diminished when even sentiments of same polarity are added, ad not just sentiments of opposite polarity. Why? To emulate the fact that these Sims are getting to know each other for real, and slowly forgetting / reshaping what hey first thought of each other.
* No known conflicts so far, I don't think any conflict is likely. Keep in mind because of the way sentiments are made, game ones may take the place of first impressions at any time. Read more about this in the mod description post.
- Main module has no overrides.
- Optional module for interaction type impact overrides the Funny, Flirty and Rude introduction for now. I have another system for this but it's resource heavy so I may leave it as an override.
* If you don't have the parenthood pack, a few effects of the First Impressions won't apply in your game. Everything else will work just fine. You probably won't see a difference.
* What version to get? Read the info below, from the description post:
* THIS MOD REQUIRES MY MOOD PACK MOD. If you don't have it and one of the custom mood moodlets pops up, you'll get a UI crash, because the game will look for a mood file you did not put in! You don't want that so grab the Mood Pack Mod, it's one tiny lightweight lone package file.
Download Mood Pack Mod HERE (direct SimFileShare link) or on its patreon post here.
End up here not knowing what version to grab? Oopsie!
- If you can read the mod description, my advice is: go read it, or at least read the "Rundown on Mod Versions" part (also screenshot above, scroll up a little!!). Also, see this paragraph:
"Now offering different choices for the 'time decay' version. You can choose between impressions that last 10 days (original), 5 days or 3 days. Like before, can also choose for impressions to not be reduced by time but only by contact and gaining other sentiments by downloading the 'No Time Decay' version."
- Still don't know which version to get? Here's a suggestioin: you can start any of the 'WithTimeDecay' versions, and leave everything in it. After a while of playing, it the conversation moodlets annoy you , you can delete the optional moodlet module. And if the impressions leaving gradually over time even if no contact has been made bugs you, you can switch to 'NoTimeDecay' version.
DOWNLOAD ONLY ONE Mod Version!!!!
And don't forget to also go download my Mood Pack Mod (required for First Impressions) if you don't have it yet.