Will talks with Hilary Allen and Nathan Pigott from Up to Us, the only national, non-partisan campus-based initiative that galvanizes young people on fiscal sustainability and economic issues. As part of their efforts, they conduct a national competition on college campuses to identify ways to take action and find solutions to America’s long-term fiscal challenges by taking a no sides, nonpartisan approach. Topics discussed include:
- Why it’s important for young Americans to be educated about the national debt.
- Specific policy proposals to tackle our long-term fiscal challenges.
- Things many people don’t know about the national debt.
- If all debt is created equal.
- How much the national debt matters.
- When (if ever) is it okay to add to the national debt?