And with that, we're very glad to announce that the major update for Camp Buddy (v1.1) has now been released and is available for download! Please carefully read through this post as we guide you to the contents of this update and how to download/install it!
We have fixed the serious error that crashes the game and disables unlocking the perfect endings of all character routes. We are very sorry for this inconvenience.
To unlock a perfect ending, the player must achieve a very high or perfect score for their pursued character. A completely new scene, in addition to the good ending, will automatically be played as soon as the perfect ending is achieved.
VOICED SCENE AUDIO
The issue that caused the characters to speak at low volumes in voiced scenes has now been fixed.
We have fixed the bug that unintendedly displayed the CG titles in the Gallery. Locked CGs should appear in "???" and should only display the CG title as soon as the player encounters them in their playthrough.
Also, we have fixed the bug that disabled the player from unlocking the 5th Sex CG Scene for Yoichi and Hiro routes.
We have fixed the bug that repeated the 'Nature Day' scenes in the 2nd arc of the game.
Intendedly, if the player unlocks the 'Nature Day' scenes of a pursued character, it should lead them to a different scenario in Arc 2, and vice versa if the player does not unlock the pursued character's Nature Day scene.
We have now updated the game icon to its intended design. (some users might need to rebuild their icon cache if their game icon remains the same)
The following visual bugs and errors have been fixed:
- Animation on Yoichi's 5th Sex Scene : Keitaro's duplicated arm has been fixed.
- Animation on Hunter's 1st Sex Scene : Hunter's overlapped body part has been fixed.
- A few of the reported character sprite bugs.
We encourage players who find similar visual bugs (such as misplaced facial expressions, wrong character poses, overlapping sprite positions, etc.) to take a screenshot showing the 'in-game day' as well as what 'character route' you are on, and send it to our email at: [email protected]
We're glad to announce that we have managed to update all animation files, replacing the file format from '.tga' to '.webm'. This conversion has not only allowed us to significantly reduce the file size of the entire game, but it has also allowed the animations to load faster and play smoother!
Along with other conversions, we have managed to compress the game from 11 GB to 3.3 GB!
As soon as you update the game with this v1.1 patch, the 'Update Button' should now be available in the Main Menu! You can find it in the bottom left corner of your screen.
As there are currently no updates available for the game, please DO NOT CLICK THE UPDATE BUTTON for now, as it could crash your game while searching. We will release detailed instructions when this update tool is ready to be used!
This in-built feature was 'hidden' in the v1.0 version to cause less bugs, but we realized we should display this from now on so that future updates don't need to have the entire game be redownloaded. Future updates will be implemeted through this button!
HOW TO UPDATE THE GAME to v1.1
Please follow the instructions below to download and install your update!
1) In order to play the new Update, you will need to re-download the Camp Buddy game (Filesize: 3.3 GB).
- For those who have purchased the game through our website, you will receive an email (in the same e-mail address you used to transact in BMT Micro) from us with a link to download the new version of Camp Buddy on your respective platform (Windows or Mac). However, we would like to note that all BMT Micro purchasers may also re-download the game (with no fees) at any time from BMT Micro's website using the same link they received on purchase!
- For the patrons who were entitled to a free copy of the game, you will receive an e-mail from us with a download link to download the new version of Camp Buddy (in the same e-mail you have used for Patreon / received your Camp Buddy v1.0 game copy)
Due to the high volume of emails we are sending, it may take a few hours for yours to come in. Please be patient, and if you do not receive this email AFTER 24 hours, please contact our customer service for a new download link!
Also, don't forget to check your spam/junk folder in case this e-mail is not found in your primary inbox!
It is recommended to use Mozilla Firefox browser to download from sync.com faster!
Once the game is downloaded, please extract the software like below:
2) Once the extraction is complete, please click the "Camp Buddy.exe" file in the new folder, and the game will run! Please also note that all Saves & Gallery Unlocks from your previous playthrough will be preserved, so no need to worry about losing your data! Enjoy, Buddies!
This update is free for everyone who purchased and are entitled to a free copy of the game.
If you happen to purchase the game before this update, please contact our customer service immediately so we can send you a download link for an updated game copy!
Our team will continue post-testing the game for more bugs, and there would definitely be another major update that will come within a month from now to implement certain improvements to the game.
We encourage everyone who has played the game to continue reporting us any kind of bugs or errors you may find, as well as other issues and concerns so that we could address them and improve your Camp Buddy experience! Don't hesitate to send us an email at: [email protected]
As soon as all important updates have been made, is when we will officially promote the game and prepare exciting events for all of you! For the meantime, please stay tuned here in Patreon for the incoming updates!