We thought it was just an infection at first, and treated him with antibiotics. When he failed to improve, we had the vet give him an ultrasound, revealing nodules on his kidneys.
There were several possible culprits. Renal lymphoma. FIP. All of them just as terminal, all of them incurable. We decided against a biopsy... it wasn't worth putting him through more stress if there wasn't any chance we could save him.
We did our best to keep him comfortable, but even with anti-nausea medications and appetite stimulants Púca did not see fit to eat. Rather than try to force feed him, given his terminal state, we decided to let him go.
I haven't felt much like writing the past few days, but I want to keep you guys, my Patrons, up to date with what's going on.
My partner has set up a GoFundMe for the $1600 in vet bills we have to figure out how to pay. I'm not going to ask you guys for any donations, but It would be a huge favor if you'd share that link around.