Kinshadow, Geoff and Ostron are back to bring you another episode of the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever! Starting things off, in this
week’s Squawk Box, we tell you how modern technology is making Star Citizen tech outdated. On the Flight Deck we see what news has landed from your favourite space-sims as we cover:
- Helping the Herald and what we know about Star Citizen 3.0
- Elite: Dangerous’ initial information about version 2.2
- Everspace’s move into Beta and what that means for players
- Nerfs! Nerfs everywhere in Descent: Underground
- And a brief introduction to a game we’ve been keeping our eye on, Dual Universe.
Next, we debate trade shows and their place in a crowd-funded world, and finally we tune into the Feedback Loop and let you join in on the conversation.
In case you missed something...
A quick note for those of you who may have been away from the show for a few weeks and are noticing a distinct lack of dulcet British tones and legal precision. Tony and Lennon have both reluctantly reduced their involvement in regular broadcasting with Guard Frequency. Lennon’s situation has forced him to take an extended, continuous break. Tony is running for State office in Kansas, and his campaign duties mean he can’t commit to regular recording times. Ostron is serving as Lennon’s replacement, and during the times that Tony is unavailable, Mr Kinshadow will be our go-to replacement. In general, though, you’re probably going to hear a greater variety of voices going forward as people adjust their schedules. Geoff, of course, isn’t going anywhere.
This Week's Community Questions
- Are Trade shows still necessary so developers can get guaranteed money and funding to produce games? Or is crowdfunding making the trade show shopping obsolete?
Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!