Steps to identify the issue:
1. Open the latest installation log file2. Use Ctrl+F to search for the text “PerformOperation returned 2 (translates to HRESULT = 0x80070002)”.3. Look at the pervious line with the text pattern as MSI(<<Drivename:\<<GUID>>\netfx_core_x86.msi)4. For e.g. “MSI (E:\073b39cc3bdd7647a3baf06ef854a959\netfx_Core_x86.msi) Installation failed”5. It means that Drivename ( as above example, E: drive ) does not have administrator appropriate permission
Steps to resolve the issue:
1. Go to Start-> Computer
2. Right click on the Drive name identified in the log file ( drive name identified in step 4 above)
3. Go to Security tab,Click on Edit button to update the permissions
4. Select Administrators under Groups or user names list
5. Select Full control,Modify,Read & execute,Read, Write by clicking on Allow check boxes. (see picture in attachment)
6. Click on Apply, this will start updating all the files permission existing in the drive.
7. Click OK.8. DONE! Now Restart the .NET 3.5 (4.5) framework setup again !