How we built our encoder
I took some footage as we were assembling and troubleshooting the encoder. This is an overview of how we constructed it. I learned that I am very good at troubleshooting, but TERRIBLE at crimping. Tim had to re-crimp several of them after we were getting crazy readings. We also learned that IR can go through the material we used in 3D printing. The easy fix was to paint them. Perfect colors for Halloween.

This needed to be portable, because I carried it around VidCon to show off our physics series. Hopefully, we'll also be able to take it to STEM events in the future.

By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to 15 exclusive posts
11
Images
1
Writing
5
Videos
By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to 15 exclusive posts
11
Images
1
Writing
5
Videos
Tier Benefits
Recent Posts