Hi, everyone! It's that time again! Monthly news and accountability!
Life And Other Such Important Matters
I'm sure you've gathered by now that I'm not particularly skilled at this. But this month it was literal hell as another heat wave swept across (Western) Europe and we all collectively melted into puddles of sweat because it was too hot. And, frankly, that's all I remember about this month.
Oh. No. I have several new cousins. They were born just before the heatwave hit. Yay!
Sylver also draws a direct comparison between the way that marginalised people stand against governments refusing to grant them basic rights and the way that many allies do. This is exemplified in a conversation that happens early on in the book. In this conversation, Evelyn is meeting with her white cousin, who is presented as an able-bodied cisgender man, and they discuss solutions to the fact that Parole is, quite literally, on fire. Liam’s plan is to put out the fire and assume that everything will be all right afterwards. As Evelyn points out, however, the isolation Parole is suffering was never about the fire lit underneath them.
- 16/16 discussions of papers in Asexualities
- 0/10,000 words of fiction written
- 0/12 books read
- 0/3 proper paper section
- 0/1 intro Miss Fisher draft
- 17,963/10,000 words of fiction written
- 12/12 books read
- 0/1 proper paper section
- 0/1 intro Miss Fisher draft
This Month's Fiction Wordcount: 19,307
This Month's Non-Fiction Wordcount: 22,747
DemiPrincess2: Heatwave aside, I am back on track! In that I'm writing new material, that is. This was supposed to be an EASY story to write. Grah!
Via: This is a short SF story I'm keeping under wraps. I promise it'll be quiet, hopeful SFF, though, and entirely On Brand apart from where it's social science fiction to the very core instead of fantasy.
Stand-out Positive Moment
Honestly? The heat breaking at long last. There are other moments I could and should mention, such as being granted three ARCs with (ownvoices) acespec rep and one of those with ownvoices aro rep in quick succession and having a blast reading them. I can't wait to write about them and share my thoughts with you all. I've currently just started on the third, but I can already highly recommend preordering Hazel's Theory of Evolution by Lisa Jenn Bigelow and Tarnished Are the Stars by Rosiee Thor. They're amazing. Or succeeding in my Hugo Reading goals against all the odds. I could talk about the positive reception my latest ace rep essay had.
But honestly the stand-out positive moment is the day the heat wave finally broke because I was so miserable. I'm not made for heat at all and 40+ degrees is just. Too much.
But then it broke. And I danced in the rain and it was utterly glorious and in that moment there was nothing the world could do that could destroy happiness.
This Month on Patreon
- June Wrap-up and Week 27 Update
- Suddenly! A soup recipe!
- Week 28 Update
- Week 29 Update
- Let’s Read Ace Academics Poll!
- Week 30 Update
- Let's Read Ace Academics! Poll Update
- Lynn rambles about… Hugo Award Nominees Part 7
- Lynn rambles about… Tomb Raider
- Let’s Read! Chapter 15 of Asexualities
- Let’s Play: King’s Quest 7 #5
- Lynn rambles about… Hugo Award Nominees Part 8
- Lynn rambles about… Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC
- Let’s Read! Chapter 16 of Asexualities
- Let’s Play: King’s Quest 7 #6
- Lynn rambles about… Hugo Award Nominees Part 9
- Audio: Let’s Read Ace Academics! Round-up
- Let’s Play: Paws: A Shelter 2 Game #1
- Lynn rambles about... Hugo Award Nominees Part 10
- Poetry: The Writer
- Let's Play: Paws: A Shelter 2 Game #2
- WIP: DemiPrincess2, Chapter 8, Part 1
- WIP: Good Omens essay intro Take 2
- WIP: We’re on Our Side: Aziraphale and Crowley’s Thoroughly Queer Relationship in Good Omens
- WIP: DemiPrincess2, Chapter 8, Part 2
- WIP: DemiPrincess2 Chapter 8, Part 3
- WIP: DemiPrincess2 Chapter 9, Part 1
How about you? What have you been up to lately? Has anything awesome happened?