The ACLU of Mass found that a company called “Suspect Technologies” tried to convince police to hand over a database of driver license photos. Kade’s tireless work fighting for privacy is validated by a cop who warns the surveillance capitalist that they’ll be “run out of town by privacy zealots!” We also discuss Elizabeth Warren’s transformational student debt cancellation plan. And Kade makes a strong case for impeachment
Discuss the episode over at our reddit subthread, r/HumorlessQueers.
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
- #FreeBlackMamas: https://nationalbailout.org
- The Yellowhammer Fund provides funding for anyone seeking care at one of Alabama’s three abortion clinics and will help with other barriers to access
- Magnolia Fund: DO YOU NEED HELP PAYING FOR AN ABORTION IN GEORGIA? WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU.
- ‘They Would Go Absolutely Nuts’: How a Mark Cuban-Backed Facial Recognition Firm Tried to Work With Cops
- Alexis’ piece at Truthout, Warren’s Plan to Abolish Student Debt Came from Grassroots Pressure
- The Mapping Student Debt project
- Elizabeth Warren’s tool to see how much student debt you’d have cancelled.