LEGENDARY Skillet Potatoes - Tribute to Jacques Pépin's Potatoes Fondantes
- 2 lbs - Red Bliss or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 Cups - Chicken Broth (more or less to cover by half)
- 2 TBS - Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large skillet.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Remove lid, increase temperature to medium high and let simmer uncovered until the liquid has evaporated and only butter is left in the pan (10 minutes or so).
- Lightly press each potato until it pops (skin breaks).
- Cook 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with fine chopped parsley, salt and pepper as needed.
Gear I used for this video: