The new episode about Elem Klimov's 1985 film, "Come and See" is now available! Listen on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Podomatic:
Some things that I talk about in the episode
- Time Magazine's Person of the Year, which was all the people who have spoken about sexual harassment this year
- What the Second World War can teach us
- Why "Come and See" is one of the most important films ever made about war and atrocity
- Behind-the-scenes and background information about the making of "Come and See"
- Why films about war and atrocity are important and how they can change our lives
- I share quotes from Nobel Laureate Svetlana Alexievich's recently published book "The Unwomanly Face of War," which is an oral history of the Soviet women who fought in the Second World War. Alexievich is one of my favorite writers.
And so much more! Hope you like the episode and find value in it.